Analog tracks went wonky, fixed with factory reset

Almost shit my pants today. Got a club gig on next Saturday and working hard on a new live set around AR and ST. Today I boot up things and my 4 ST analog tracks are all wonky: randomly skipping trigs and playing random wrong tunings. Also on fresh init patterns/tracks. Rebooting didn’t help.

I had already convinced myself it was f*cked and prepared to call my man @lesstalkmoredisco to beg him to borrow his for a week when I pulled myself together and went over the sensible steps to take first. A factory reset (and OS update) later the problems were gone.

Just leaving this here in case anyone finds themselves in a similar corner.

7 Likes

I’m super glad for you you got it solved - otherwise indeed give me a ring.

You lost all your patterns, or able to save/recall them?

1 Like

No i backed up my project etc but after the factory reset it was still on there, so i guess that doesn’t clear the +drive.

2 Likes

Phew !
Not reassuring ! I wonder if the backed up project is wonky. I suppose no…

People spend a lot of money building complex modular systems trying to achieve something your Syntakt gave you for free, and you wiped it?

You bastard.

5 Likes

I had this behavior last week with my ST when my friend came over to learn some of Elektron basics. A power cycle did it for me.

1 Like

ELEKTRON BASICS INTRODUCTION
Sometimes, it can be wonky…

1 Like

Didn’t work here.

1 Like

No. I didn’t need to put it back either. After the reset the original project was still on the +drive and it played fine now, so it’s not a corruption in the project file.

1 Like

Thanks to confirm.

HA! It happened to me once (before I updated the firmware, not sure it’s related). I didn’t file a support ticket because I couldn’t reproduce afterwards but I recorded it. I had all of these symptoms : wrong tuning, skipped trigs, infinite envelopes.
Here is the recording (with time markers):

[EDIT] I just filed a support ticket