Annoying sounds

From a response to an earlier unrelated thread, I listed TikTok robot voice as one of the most annoying sounds I can think of. Just starting a thread for fun. To this I can also add open mouth chewing, and overused acid bassline resonance :grimacing:

8 Likes

seagulls

4 Likes

24 Likes

USB ground noise

23 Likes

I don’t like the sound of birds chirping/singing in the morning. Shut up birds lol

5 Likes

When only one or two rear windows are rolled down in the car.

26 Likes

In February, Auckland is a cacophony of cicadas chirping. It drives me mental because it’s impossible to mix any music, even on headphones. But I’m also aware how absurd it is to be annoyed by insects

2 Likes

Hard Sync. Absolutely detest that synth sound.

The voice of my old supervisor. She sounded like Jar Jar Binks.

6 Likes

The sound of a fart in an elevator, an audio precursor to a shitty smell, that you have to endure until your stop. :poop:

2 Likes

People chewing on their fork while eating

2 Likes

I love the sound of Seagulls. One of the only natural sounds that reduce my continuous anxiety.

4 Likes

cell phone/radio interference in electronics Like when you put your phone on top of an amp or monitors

2 Likes

tinnitus

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:hear_no_evil:

24 Likes

When the tv is on, it always sounds too loud for my ears, even when it’s on a reasonable volume, i can’t stand it and hate it more than my tinnitus
It gives me headaches and makes nauseous, I think this is very strange because concerts and loud music don’t bother me at all :face_with_monocle:

10 Likes

Amen, brother!

As for the rest of the suggestions, my “music” sounds like most of them nowadays 🥹

4 Likes

That clicking sound people make with their joints, on purpose.
Especially when they make a cracking sound with their neck. :confounded:

2 Likes

Loud buses in a city

2 Likes

Tinnitus Unite!

My true partner, the ringning in my ears :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

The fucking volume of emergency vehicle sirens just so that dickheads with a Function One in the back of their car can still hear them.

3 Likes

That’s why they also have lights, it’s for the same guy ten years later. :wink:

5 Likes