Anti-Ambient music_top-down design

1 Like

This is pretty dope!

The rythm here is bananas

I’ve always made music that occupies an awkward middle space between a rhythmic and ambient sound. It’s hardly abstract noise but…anti-ambient?

3 Likes

Hi Fin25,

I’ve been discussing anti-ambient with a friend, founder of You Gottas (not Tom), and decided to revisit the concept and this thread.

Looking back, this comment was immensely inspiring to me back in January of '20. I didn’t remember exactly what was said but I remember the feeling I had when I read it. Your kind words were the fuel anti-ambient needed to become the unyielding force it is today.

I hope to bring anti-ambient back to the relentless forefront of the peoples’ attention. Thanks to you and everyone else who has participated so far.

We are anti-ambient together

-Eak

6 Likes

I’ve got this squirrel that keeps trying to break through my screen door whenever I bake a cheesecake.

I’d love for someone to ruskie up some anti-squirrel ambient to help chase him away. That would be bery, berry nice.

Or DO YOU EVEN CARE!?!

2 Likes

Here’s some anti ambient I made in 2020

2 Likes

Hey there Suspect_Frequency, sorry to hear about the stress your hungry visitor has been causing, and yes I do care. I’m glad you felt comfortable enough to share, because you may not have realized I have an extensive background in both anti-ambient and wildlife control and can offer my expert advice.

Simply put, I would use anti-ambient in combination with a steel box trap to handle your critter situation.

When trapping for squirrel I will bait with peanut butter as it’s cheap and easy to handle, but in your case cheesecake may be just as effective. Secure the steel box trap and arm it somewhere nearby (outside!) next time you are baking. After supper you will most likely find little Peanut safe, secure and going nuts waiting for you to relocate them to their new home! It’s a humane, ancient, and affordable solution.

The steel box trap will imprison the squirrel, and anti-ambient will set you free.

Your predicament has an uncanny similarity to our latest anti-ambient single and first release as YOU GOTTAS. You aren’t the only one with a wildlife problem, and I hope this song helps you feel less alone in your struggle. Enjoy the peace.

Please let me know if YOU GOTTAS made you feel less alone in your struggle.

3 Likes

I respect your hustle.

I feel happy and cared for. Thanks @Eak !!

1 Like

Delightful.

I dig what you are doin’ here, sheathe. You were pioneering anti-ambient back in the day