Any Crumar Seven users out there?

I’ve been looking for a stage piano mainly for the studio for a while now. I’d sort of settled on the Kawai MP7 or 11 but I keep getting drawn back to the Crumar Seven. It’s modelled Rhodes (the main sound I’m looking for) sounds great to my ears on demo’s I’ve seen. I like the retro vibe of it (I’ve got their vintage DP analogue piano that the Seven seems to take inspiration from) and I’ve also checked out the Viscount EP too.

The general consensus seems to be that the Viscount does better piano sounds whilst the Seven has the better EP sounds. The Seven has recently got new grand piano sounds but the Viscount has also just had a new OS release with improved patches too.

Thw Seventeen may be an option as it also has the modelled Rhodes sounds but just a sample based engine for the other sounds. The Kawai has a much better proper piano action but I’ve read a few issues with it plus the size and price difference. The Korg SV gets compared quite a bit but it just doesn’t float my boat like the Crumar does.

Have any fellow ‘nauts played any of these or bought one?

I recently sold my Korg SV2 to purchase the Crumar Seven. I always thought the build quality of the Korg in relation to the cost was lacking (buttons felt cheap, pressboard bottom). I couldn’t be happier with the Seven. I like the action more than the SV2 and the EP’s are fantastic. The stock acoustic piano sounds are crap tbh. The new acoustic sound banks they’ve released are fantastic. I also like that unlike the SV2 I can put another keyboard on top of the Seven.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the input!

re the new piano patches… that’s just what I wanted to hear. Many of the demos are from a few years ago before the newer patches so it’s hard to get a handle on how much better they are but you’ve answered my question.

1 Like