Any Cyclists here? Show us your bike!

I’d lower the ratio for first couple of months, build up gradually. also would consider internal gear hub, less complexity and I hate derailleurs

2 Likes

Yeah, it’ll be a hub when I do go back.

Ratio is already fairly low and I’m only going up and down the canal for the first few rides, barely an incline in sight.

1 Like

Fuck work for a few days….

10 Likes

I saw the craziest thing here a little while ago. Not sure if any of you have had the misfortune of driving on the BQE in NYC but it’s this absolute shit accident prone highway that runs from the Bronx to Staten Island. Anyways, I saw this young dude on it in full motocross gear riding a Walmart looking quality mountain bike which he attached some combustion engine on (the engine looked 1/2 the size of that on a Solex). Couldn’t help to admire his reckless abandon and stupidity for the few minutes before he caused a traffic backup.

Finally got my steel hardtail built up

6 Likes

Living in Mallorca has its benefits!

7 Likes

That reminds me of where I was in Sept, around Ses Covetes… I wishing I had my bike there.
How do you like the Endurace?
I switched mine for an Ultimate in 2020, and still miss the Endurace I had… I had it dialled in to perfection for me.

This is down by Cala Pi.
Absolutely love it, all the comfort without sacrificing any speed. Done about 51,000km over the last 4 years on it and nothing else out there is tempting me enough to get something new… Yet!

1 Like

Man I wish, hope you had an awesome time!!

2 Likes

I’ve pulled my trusty green machine out this week to start commuting more.

I have 3 sets of wheels for this bike that changes it’s job…

• 650b’s with 2.1” Schwalbe G-One Bite’s to ride over anything…
  • the Hunt set in the pic with Panaracer Gravel King’s for commuting/leisure days, and I throw Conti GP5000s on them for road riding.
  • an alloy DT Swiss set with 28mm Gatorskins to make it my winter bike.

Does anyone else multi-wheel/tyre to multi-task?

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m trimming down to just the one bike (down from 1 road bike, 1 commuter and 1 MTB) so I’m turning my MTB into a bit of a do everything land rover kind of a thing.

It’ll have probably three sets of wheels, one set of 29 plus on 40mm rims and a SS hub for proper MTB stuff and bikepacking, then another similar set with hub gears in the back for when I’m feeling weak, then a third set of more standard 29er rims and with a SS hub and some Schwalbe Super Moto tyres for commuting/pub biking.

1 Like

That’s a clean sled mate, had a couple of genesis steel bikes over the years dare say it will most likely last you a lifetime, still ride single speed in the summer when the wind is being kind here in Norfolk… I keep eyeing up titanium bikes now I’m of a certain age but damn if prices haven’t shot up this last year or two.:man_facepalming::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve got two genesis steel bikes at the minute, the Longitude and an original Volare made of Reynolds tubes. Both of them have been through some serious shit and the frames don’t have a single ding or spot of rust on them. Compared to my Inbred frame, which has probably seen less action and is already covered in rust, they’re in a different league altogether. Up there with the likes of Surly in terms of reliability and flexibility, but half the price.

2 Likes

I’ve got a set of studded winter tyres for my go anywhere single speed HT mountain bike. I run Kojaks in the summer cos they sound ace, run marathon plus in other months and the studded tyres have sat in the cellar collecting dust eagerly waiting for that EPIC dump that hits Manchester once every never! One day they’ll get a run out.

same as living in south France! this place is 20 mins from mine

normally I use speedplay zero but for riding around town I just put on these pedals

13 Likes

What a view, stunning!

1 Like

after kind of neglecting it for a couple years, I spent the winter on this bike and really enjoyed it. so I rewarded it and celebrated the arrival of spring by giving it some new wheels.

3 Likes

this is whati call proper city bike.
(MTB frame, rigid fork, 29” wheels, 2.5” semi-slick tires)

6 Likes

The roughly 10year old bikes

The new one I got today! :heart:

5 Likes

I also have a gravel bike with multiple set of wheels but I don’t swap them all too often. I can spend 2 months with gravel wheels, focusing on dirt roads, then 2 months on road wheels and mostly do road rides.

Just too lazy swapping wheels once every n days.

Right now mine is on 700c + 40mm slick tubeless tires where it can do a bit of everything while never be great at anything :smiley: