Any Cyclists here? Show us your bike!

I love Hard Rocks! I once road one from Bilbao to Nice. I left it the airport. Too cheap to fly it home. Another regret.

1 Like

4 Likes

This is a bit late but surprisingly I found large bike boxes at REI for $10. I also went to the hardware store and got 6’ of pipe insulation foam to pad the tubing. If you have thru-axels you can also get some pvc pipe and cut your own fork spacer.

1 Like

Thanks! I skipped the ship due to holiday surcharges but I’ll do that soon :slight_smile:

Here is my Badboy One.

6 Likes

New steel hardtail frame. All custom geometry where you have to take an insane amount of measurements for the builder to (hopefully) fit perfectly for body and riding style.

9 Likes

My new racer! Cube Nuroad

5 Likes

Im at work at the moment but you can just about see my old Whyte PRST-1 near the garage door, great bike had it donkeys years and never let me down, beautiful bike it was a work of art when it was released.

1 Like

Finally purchased one! Not easy in post COVID bike shortage…

5 Likes

Just went cycling for the first time since July or something (broke my toe in August, it didn’t heal properly, finally had a surgery in February). Climbed 398 m, according to my watch. And then I had a burrito on the way back. What a day.

4 Likes

So it’s been something like two years since I last rode a bike. Now the youngest kid is in playschool three mornings a week I’ve managed to carve out three hours ride time every Wednesday morning.

Spent today getting the tyres reseated and full of tubeless gunk and, oh well that’s it really. The joy of rigid singlespeeding, bike’s been in the garage for two years and it’s taken about 15 minutes to get it trail ready again.

Gonna take me a lot longer than that before I’m trail ready though…

Look out North Leicestershire/South Notts, be ready for some hardcore bimbling about all up in the place.

14 Likes

Nice ride!
Didn’t expect you to have such a cheerfully coloured bike, though.

1 Like

Well the grips are nicked off my pub bike, as the ones I left on it had split and the saddle is red cos that was the cheapest colour at the time.

Other than that I think olive green pretty much sums up my feelings.

1 Like

Just makes me wonder what kind of feeling my yellow bike with grashopoer green grips tells me about my feelings then?! :grin:

1 Like

I mean, if it’s Hiviz yellow, then it shows you’re a conscientious rider.

But if it’s piss yellow, then I’m afraid it tells of something much worse.

It’s more like 1980s pastel yellow. I’m kind of lost with the psychology of that

1 Like

Mountain bikes were all better colours in the 80s, so I guess it means you’re old.

2 Likes

That’s very true indeed!

2 Likes

awesome ride, as much as I love my fixed gear, seeing SSR mtb like this makes me miss my SSR santa cruz chameleon… need to rebuild the wheels and hit some trails!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not sure how much my knees can still take though.
Might have to put gears on it eventually.