Any Cyclists here? Show us your bike!

Never had any real injuries relating to that. Cuts and bruises mostly. Traffic is a chaotic system and the more time you spend in it the higher your odds of an incident are and for a lot of years I was in it most of my waking hours. I think I’m pretty lucky all things considered, countless close calls that turned out fine.
The worst accident I had on that bike was wiping out riding over some spent bullet casings. Messed myself up pretty good. Haha. City life.
Almost a decade later and I still miss that bike.

1 Like

That’s a beauty.

1 Like

Don’t go single speed on this beauty. SSs are ten a penny and though it was the fashion 12 years or so ago to convert anything with horizontal drop outs to fixed, it tends to be regretted. Though if you keep all the bits you can always go back I suppose.

Nice bike BTW.

Oops… Already taken care of.

1 Like

bought my first bicycle as an adult as a means of commuting to work during the height of the pandemic as the public transit systems scaled back and became (even more) unreliable. went on my longest ride yet yesterday with a friend. 21 miles around berkeley and oakland. really enjoying this new hobby of mine!

8 Likes

Intense Sniper T has been getting the most love this year

Guerilla Gravity steel hardtail

Foundry Titanium road bike

Bianchi Infinito CV

12 Likes

some of you follow the rules… or at least N+1 as proper number of bikes :slight_smile:

only 2 bikes at the moment. the salsa vaya which i’ve had since 2012? and have ridden a ton. the single speed is a 2004 SE lager i got from a pawn shop for $200 around 2015. new saddle, bartape, bottom bracket and it was good to go. i loved the bullhorns right away and it’s a great commuter/bar bike… all pedaling and no thinking.

I had a full carbon scott CR1 or 2 ? i can’t remember. got it on sale as it was the previous year’s model. was fun to break all my PRs on strava but it was kind of a twitchy bike especially on descents. sold it after a year or so.

5 Likes

YAY BIKES! :partying_face:

here’s my current stable…

the “go fast” summer road bike. a Spooky Mulholland. aluminum frame, handmade by the legendary Frank The Welder.

the winter road bike. all steel Independent Fabrication Club Racer. complete with fenders (or “mudguards” for you European folks), of course.

the mountain bike. Moots MootoX. has since been converted to a Rockshox SID World Cup fork.

the gravel bike. aluminum frame handmade by Mike Zanconato.

the single speed cyclocross bike (converted). Moots PsychloX. complete with “Thrillhouse” decal :rofl:

and my favorite bike… Independent Fabrication Planet X titanium geared (1X) cyclocross bike. shown in proper post-race form.

oh, and I also have a “bar bike” which is some cheap-o Raleigh thing. the most important parts are the bell and the basket. I have no real pics of it other than this one in use:

16 Likes

Some of us live in tiny apartments where storing a lot of bikes isn’t an option! Or, in our case, a very large apartment that we run as a venue and thus have to be able to really clean out for events.

1 Like

My baby

10 Likes

BLB Hitchhiker for almost all purposes

A Ross folding bike, when driving to the garden or to the ice café.

8 Likes

living it’s best life shortly after a clean and new rubber. Not usually this colour.

and here she is at the top of Hartside pass on the C2C route across England (not pictured, me regretting my life choices and apologising to my knees)

6 Likes

8 Likes

You need a Brompton!

1 Like

Nah — it wouldn’t really add anything to the way I use a bike here above what the Schindelhauer does for me. More that I don’t have room for that as my city bike plus a carbon road bike plus a trail bike, especially if my partner (who has a folding Tern electric) did the same thing.

1 Like

Got my first BMX a few months ago at age 45, typical “midlife crisis while stuck in Thailand during a global pandemic” :wink:

15 Likes

I got myself a mountain bike after getting more and more into steep and tricky terrain near where I live. It’s a great and fun way to stay in shape, especially when I can’t run. I have discovered so many little gems in my neighbourhood after exploring on my bike as well. Feels like a second childhood. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

You have officially won this thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bmx is so much fun! That’s all I rode the first couple of years I lived in seattle, even with the hills. If you’re up for it those bikes can do anything and go anywhere.

Such beautiful bikes!

As a proud owner of the first bike I ever had for the last 20 years, I wouldn’t name my self a cyclist.

My job is only 3km distance to our home, so I figured I free up our sub-level parking space in the near future and get a bike instead.

Super happy with it, price was totally in my range, will need some fenders and a bit of bad weather gear.

Was looking into those fancy gravel-bikes, but I don’t like the racing-handle. Still it’s mainly for the roads, no real offroad intentions. So light, fast, minimalistic style were the qualities I was looking for.

CUBE SL ROAD 2020 in matt-black.

11 Likes

i hear ya. i’m just observing that some people follow the N+1 rule from the rules at the velominati which are hilarious