Any Cyclists here? Show us your bike!

your post-race cross bike chain is cleaner than any of my road bike chains on any given day. kudos!

2 Likes

I’m down to one bike from 5. We’re moving into a house next fall and I feel like that number will grow again for both of us :).

I dearly miss my fixie cruiser bike. That will be the first build.

2 Likes

…and then I got this :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10 Likes

Gnarly!

1 Like

two more from my stash:

this 1987 gt pro freestyle tour is the first bike i bought with my own money. in 1988, it was cheaper due to being the previous year’s model. savvy shopping… it needs a ton of work but is still rideable. i have no idea how i used to ride it everywhere. my adult body doesn’t work well on it any more. the build is pretty stock except for the swapped dyno bars, 48 spoke alloy rims, and a tioga front tire. i’d like to restore it someday, but that sounds like a bunch of work.

i built up the soma wolverine for commuting. it has cushy tubeless 650bx47c tires, full fenders, and a dynamo hub for front and rear lights. the small front porteur rack can hold a bag or whatever i need for light shopping or commuting. thing’s like a cadillac… just rolls over anything. it’s also heavy. like all my bikes, it needs some TLC at the moment. this picture may be the cleanest it’s ever been.

11 Likes

Some great bikes in these ! Especially love all the Surly love :slight_smile:

My favorite bike, everyday bike, Surly Steamroller :

Had to change the seatpost and saddle recently as they were missing from my bike after a visit to a museum… who the fuck steals a seatpost. Replaced the Brooks leather by a Cambium in the hopes of being less flashy… Love the cambiums but they utterly destroy jeans.

And a Genesis Croix de Fer 20 I mostly use for longer rides and multi-days bikepacking trips. This is from last year along the Velodysée.

7 Likes

Genesis bikes are great for bikepacking, aren’t they.

14 Likes

This is classy

1 Like

had same or similar and then haro master. flatland freestyle was my thing through jr high and highschool then off and on until i was maybe 23.

i own all the Dorkin in york videos and have the DVD collection mark eaton released after the 10th video. still get sucked in to youtube holes watching flatland stuff. there’s a good site… flatt matters… for up to date and retro visitations.

1 Like

nice! i had some serious GAS symptoms with haro masters. somewhere around here is an autographed program from a flatland demo from maybe 1986. woody itson and martin aparijo were there in support of the movie RAD. they did stunts on the movie. can you still do any tricks? i was never very good but spent countless hours on that bike.

1 Like

I never thought I’d see a fat bike here. Epic!

I haven’t seen these frames. I want a fat bike to trek Iceland. How does it handle bike packing?

Currently working out a frame for bike packing. Hoping on a tout terrain bike. My dream bike for serious off road adventuring is a salsa black borrow.

Rocking a hardtail with panniers for my commute atm.

It’s great for bikepacking, frame is massive and steel, so it can carry just about anything, plus it’s got mounts for rear rack, should you want one and cage mounts on the front forks too.

If I was doing Iceland, I’d want a proper fat bike, the genesis is only 29 plus.

I used to have one of these, but sold it a year or so ago, it would be perfect for bikepacking in Iceland. Spendy though.

9 Likes

Those ice cream trucks rock! It’s really odd/cool seeing how our other hobbies are so similar. :star_struck:

1 Like

It’s because we’re all hipsters.

3 Likes

Caught out

1 Like

Love the chainring-to-tire circumference ratio on these things :slight_smile:

Thought about getting an Ice Cream Truck or one of the Specialized models when they first came out, but since I do mostly road/hard pack riding it would be a bit overkill. I do really like the idea of rolling over anything tho :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

oh i donated my last flatland bike to a local community bike charity for kids. it was a KHE something… i can’t recall. i’m 6 months away from 50 so any trick days are long gone.

i used to compete in florida when i was 15-18 and have some old broken trophies in the garage somewhere. back then i also spent loads of time on the bike to the neglect of everything else. i was decent for a minute but never made that jump to being super dialed and expert level good. there were some really great riders in florida and the AFA tour would come down there to orlando so got to see all the pros ride and 2-hip king of vert. saw matt hoffman ride when he was like 14 and beating all the pros already. was nuts.

anyway… what an era. would go back in time in a heartbeat if i could. best times were on a bike in a parking lot going in circles and falling down.

3 Likes

Inspired by this thread to dig my bikes out of the shed and actually ride them.
I used to ride a bike everyday when I lived in england. Primary mode of transport. Then, living in australia, I rode my bike as often as possible when I lived in town. Now, I live way out of town, and its 5km of intense gradient dirt road to get to the ‘surfaced’ road, then another 5km to town.

The black one is my favourite, its light, stiff and goes where you point it. And zero maintenance. Love this bike! However, I cant just jump on it and go for a ride :frowning: i have to put it in my car, drive at least to the ‘surfaced road’ and then ride.

The orange and black one I got more recently, due to moving out of town. Its heavy, slow, and i dont understand how most of it works. I’d like to learn how to maintain it, but for some reason the info just doesnt sink it. I had a chain snap on me not long after getting it. Never had that before.

Anyway, some before and after cleaning shots.
Might get a ride in this week!

Edit: sans lycra, I just wear normal clothes.

7 Likes