Any Nauts In Nijmegen?

I’m an American engaged to a Dutch woman and plan on moving to the Netherlands reasonably soon. We’re living in Beneden-Leeuwen, which puts us pretty close to Nijmegen. I’m a bass player for my living, but love electronic experimental music. Current gear;

Dirtywave M8
7Ux104 HP eurorack
OXI One
EssenceFM
Syntakt
Octatrack

I like mixing live bass guitar and upright bass in when it works and would love to meet like minded folks in the area!

2 Likes

As a fellow American, congratulations on your expatriation! Good luck out there!

3 Likes

Thanks!

In the NL but not close to Nijmegen at all :sweat_smile: I have been there once it is a nice city with a lot of nature and a bit old-fashion and small thermal baths. Quiet city next to the German border, if you want really nice japanese restaurants, go to Düsseldorf. Same distance than Amsterdam by car.

Love Düsseldorf and have been there many times. Hopefully many more to come! As much as I truly love Nijmegen, I’m not limiting my scope to just there to meet up with other players/artists. I just got home from driving nearly 18 hours straight from a 4 day mini tour, so driving to Rotterdam or whatever ain’t exactly a tall order, I wouldn’t think :slight_smile:

Welcome in the Netherlands Snipecatcher!
I hope you will enjoy your new home.
I’m from Overloon. A small town, about 30 kilometers from Nijmegen. I’m always in for a jam session.

1 Like

Sweet! Hope to meet you at some point!

1 Like

Welkom!

I work in Nijmegen. Commuting at least three days a week to Nijmegen (30mins by car). Allways nice to meet other experimental musicians. Send me a message. (OT, Eurorack and other stuff).

1 Like

Just came back from a weekend in Holthees, an even smaller village near Overloon. :slightly_smiling_face: . But do not live close in Dutch terms, about an hour and a half of driving away near Utrecht. No interest in eurorack though, also most hardware boxed (summit, OT, DN, ARmkII, OT) awaiting the Osmose. Not the best partner for a meet-up maybe, but a warm welcome to you nonetheless!

2 Likes

That s where I am!

1 Like

Close to Nijmegen, Eindhoven to be exact there are Jam sessions every 2nd Sunday. Primary electronic instruments but enough space for other instruments too.

More info can be found on Dutch Synthforum website:

sinc Second Sunday jam session in

Strijp-S Eindhoven

Zondag, 14 mei, 2023 - 13:30

Tot: Zondag, 14 mei, 2023 - 19:00

1 Like

I’ll check out the website, thanks!

Just registered for the synth forum, thanks!

1 Like