Any one using a Bluebox 1010 with a DT and DN setup?

I’ll look them up really quick, and post back in a few.

Edit:

These are the ones I’m using for the most part. They make these ones that split to two 1/4" and then also 3.5mm TRS to 1/4" TRS.

1 Like
2 Likes

Do you get any feedback with the bb, I read on another forum about the power supply or grounding?

Do you get any feedback with the bb from the power source?

Using the factory power supply and cable for the Bluebox, you won’t have any noise at all. The issue sometimes happens once you start hooking other devices up. This is common for all setups, not exclusive to the Bluebox. TE has added ground lift options on the OP-1, OP-Z and tx-6 in an attempt to combat this.

If you’re getting noise from a ground loop, this can be easily fixed by using a ground loop isolator like THIS.

Amazon

*TE also includes one of these with their Line Module for OP-Z.

1 Like

Thanks, so would you need one of these for every input and output?

There have been a couple of configs that I tried that had this extremely mildly, but it’s silent on my current setup. I use one of the Elektron USB cables with it. I also set external effects to wet-only signal when looping them through, and trim out the gains and save it as a template. (as far as just general audio setup)

I can’t remember which device caused the slightly noise on it off the top of my head. However, Elektrons, Waldorf M, Moog Grandmother all work great.

Modal Cobalt was fine, all of my Hydrasynths were good. If I think of the device that misbehaved I’ll mention it here.

1 Like

Thanks for this, I guess when it arrives I will have to see if I get it. I do have a Typhon Dreadbox and that does create the noise it’s a right pain and I’ve not managed to fix it yet and the problem I have is I run it through the DN and the DN thought the DT so the poor DN get the noise too. So maybe a mixer will help with separation.

The areas of concern for me, do to my knowledge really are once I get the BB and Microcosm is the cables to buy and how to get midi setup on the bb and Microcosm as I’m not sure I have enough midi ports.

You have some wonderful gear btw, I love the sound of the Hydrasynth and have thought about the desktop version one day.

I owned a DT and currently own a DN and a BB. I haven’t used the BB for anything complex, but the cable management is pretty terrible with the minijacks and the EQ was not fun to use. I switched back to an analog mixer. However, for overdub recording it’s quite nice with its midi clock, and the effects aren’t bad, just hard to use. I heard they updated the reverb, though.

Also, be careful when you listen to the demos with headphones, it was crazy loud. I’d really like a dedicated volume knob here.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I think some have used a midi controller to control some of the touch screen parts to give it that physical feel factor which is a nice option. Maybe they can be mapped to the DNs CC page and use those 8 knobs?

Thanks for this. I’m still trying decide on what device to get first that will help. The bb or effects pedal (Microcosm, Zoia or Poly Beebo).

I have the money for one, but next month a pedal of sort. Thing is some of these pedals are the price of a Syntakt, MiniFreak haha but to much gear is less productive. I do need a better way to record and route I think.

I hadn’t really thought about the Bluebox until I realized it has a lot of inputs when using stereo cables. Can it also act as an Interface over USB? Or is it just meant to record onto the SD card so you can later export your master and track files?

It is not a usb audio interface. Mixing and onboard recording only.

2 Likes

No USB audio audio. You are right SD card and drag in to your DAW, I’ve heard it has nice EQ, compressor and effects too. Plus midi if you also want to control part and not use the touch screen, plus 12 mono or 6 stereo ports or a mix. I don’t like using a PC so I’m really thinking about getting one.

1 Like

Thanks, it’s not an alternative for me than as I would like to record in my DAW.

I wonder what’s a good audio interfaces with the equivalent inputs/outputs as maybe that is an option for me too?

I have all three of those pedals. Beebo and ZOIA are fun but definitely take a decent amount of time to create patches. The Microcosm is instant but also obviously less custom. It really depends on what you want to get out of the device. All of them have looper capability and can mangle audio so maybe you can’t go wrong?

1 Like

Yeah I think that’s why it’s hard to choose :slightly_smiling_face:.

I think getting the bb first is best as it’s kind of core to have a mixer and a nice way to record and gives me time to do more research on these 3 beauties. I’ve just just got make sure the workflow is nice.

What are the recording files like once you put into say Ableton?

Wow I just read you have all three of these!

I love creating ambient, atmospheric, soundscapey music, but also love IDM. I love happy accidents too so a pedal that can do this really. I just love the look of all through and all a similar price so it’s hard to choose even after watching many videos. I can see the Microcosm is the most immediate, but the others I’m sure are ok once you give them time. I’m not really after spending time creating my own patches though so I’d prefer to download them from the community.