Any one using a Bluebox 1010 with a DT and DN setup?

Hello,

I’m looking for a small mixer/recording device and the Bluebox 1010 looks very good. I see it has 6 stereo/12 mono inputs and 3 outputs if you include the phones port.

I currently have a DT, DN, Typhon Dreadbox and Keystep (into the DT) which is all daisy chained together. however I want to get an effect pedal too like the Microcosm/Zoia and I need to be more flexible.

Is this a good choice? I like that it can record too.

I see it the devices I have would use 1/8 Dual TRS cables to 1/4 Mono into the 1010 so I’d use 4 inputs and the 2 outputs could be used to send to the DT for sample and a send to the effects pedal.

Thanks

Yep, could be a great choice. Everything should work well how you’ve described.

Bluebox will provide a great shaping EQ for each input which is nice plus the master compressor. Also I found the FX on the bluebox, particularly the delay parameters, play nice with some MIDI modulation (e.g. from a digi box)

2 Likes

I was using my BB with my Digitakt and OT…and now with other things…really good mixer.

2 Likes

Thanks, how does midi work with the BB? I use the DT as the main clock too.

Excellent combo. Check the bluebox thread here for the cables. The digitakt you can send to two bluebox mono channels by hard panning everything to one side, and the element you want to send to the pedals panned to the other side. It is a very flexible setup. Happy songwriting!

1 Like

of course if Overbridge output USB audio to anything but a DAW and Bluebox were class compliant . . .

1 Like

Would an audio interface also do a similar job?

Not if you want to include pedals in the mix as send effects.

How do you find the recording?

Would great not to have to record into my computer sometimes as I like to be away from it as I use one all day.

Bluebox inputs are stereo but can be routed as dual (or single) mono using splitter cables and the proper setup for each track’s input on the Track page.

You can use 1/8 TRS cables from the headphone outputs directly into Bluebox Stereo inputs.
You can also use dual 1/4 TS to 1/8 TRS for Stereo input using the line outs.

2 Likes

I didn’t use the recording too much but it works well, quality is high and it’s fairly flexible

1 Like

Amazing, how do you record?

It multi-tracks to a micro sd card, 24Bit 48kHz. You can also record the entire mix and the fx return to their own separate .wav files.

2 Likes

yes it is fantastic and I use mine with my synths, Elektrons and modulars. I did need to get a splitter cable and also have the Elektron splitter cables to make life easier.

1 Like

It’s absolutely perfect for this, or even a bit more.

I’m using mine with DT/DNK/ST/M/GMA and a Timeline looped in. Couldn’t be happier.

1 Like

Not only are they great for DAWless jamming and recording. They’re also handy for MIDI-syncing to a DAW and effectively adding more tracks to your setup. It’s a simple drag and drop from the sd card into your DAW.

2 Likes

Does this mean you can have 2 Elektron’s using one port on the BB?

Wow amazin, so are you using all the ports as stereo on the back and using the 2 outputs to the Looper and backinto the inputs?

1 Like

Correct. It works really well. Then, if I need more I can route through the inputs of the Elektrons, and even apply their effects along the way. I had a Night Sky on there as well for a bit, but the Syntakt kind of took it’s spot. I may do some additional routing, so I can add in one more effect unit. (new Eventide or Meris thingies maybe…)

Amazing setup there. Where do you get you cables from as I’ve heard the slots at the back of the bb can be a struggle?