Any way to parameter lock a pitch change?

This is probably a naive question, but…

Suppose I want a single note that sounds for a while and then moves smoothly to a different pitch. One would think that it would be possible to do that with two trigs: The first one trigs the note, and the second is a lock trig with the desired new pitch, and with portamento turned on.

From what I’ve been able to figure out so far, this idea doesn’t work, because the parameter that must be locked is the root pitch (knob A on the TRIG page), and, of course, that pitch is looked at only when a new note is being trigged.

So is there a way to do it?

I only have a DT but my approach would be triggering the note (not triggering lfo) and later trigger only a single cycle lfo on pitch without triggering the note again.

Or just live record turning the pitch…

Ok tried it,

live recording pitch manipulation does not work as it just plays in steps, not contineously.

But a later LFO trig works fine (on DT). The played note should not trig the LFO. A conditional trig (step record mode - shift - trig) later is set to trig a slow LFO (triangle or sine or sawtooth) with phase shift = 64. If you want to hold the note in the lower (or higher) level, you could apply a second LFO trig with square wave and very slow rate. Then you need to try to find out the specific depth value oft the second and the LFO rate of the first LFO

Any reason why you wouldn’t use two note trigs and mono legato mode? If you make the first trig’s note length slightly longer than the distance between the two notes and legato mode is on (and portamento too), the note will slide without retriggering the envelopes.

Also, if you set portamento to “legato only”, it’ll only engage in situations where two notes overlap.

4 Likes

Aha!—that sounds like a good idea. I’ll play with it.

I guess the root of the problem is that plucked parameters apply to the track, not to individual voices.