Anyone care to help a first time Elektron / Digitakt owner 😬

Is it possible to alter all the settings on a specific bar (‘page’), i.e. Just 17-32 rather than globally? For instance I might want to add reverb to the whole second section rather than over the entire sequence.

Secondly is there any way to audition samples live in the sequence when they are not loaded into the project?Currently I can only seem to do audition samples as single hits with FUNC + YES, one by one rather than hearing them within the track

I’ve RTM, and searched through the cuckoo video but haven’t found the answer so far. Any help very much appreciated.

One.
You could parameter lock (press, hold and adjust parameter) for several steps at once. Gets tricky with more than four or possibly five, though. You know - the finger-limitation.

You could get a square LFO going altering the reverb amount to kick in only on the one half of your pattern.

Two.
Not that I know.

1 Like

For the Reverb, you could also live record (Rec + Play) parameter tweaks for the duration that you wish to effect.

2 Likes

Thanks Guys. One more thing — If I record a loop either from an external source, or resampling, is there any way of ensuring the loop only plays for a single bar, even if the sample is longer?

Easiest may be to look at the Amp Envelope - parameter lock Hold and Release so the sample only plays for that duration.

Edit: Original reply was for Octatrack, sorry.

Second: another possibility would be to load a bunch of samples into the project, switch them on the specific trig and unload them if not needed.

For 2.

I’ve been doing this:

Mute target track if it already has a sample in slot
Go to assign or src hit yes on an empty slot
Browse to sample list
Switch track to chromatic mode
Start checking suitable samples and playing them over the pattern with sequencer running
Once happy the last checked sample is now assigned to that track ready for live or grid rec

If I record a loop either from an external source, or resampling, is there any way of ensuring the loop only plays for a single bar (or perfectly loops), even if the sample is longer? Have RTM but can’t figure it. Thanks.

for the second yes… put some trigs in the sequence and play it. then on the sample slot select go to an empty slot… hit ‘yes’ and you’ll be taken to the sample browser… if you press ‘yes’ on any sample it will play that in the sequence on the trigs you selected… (you’ll see the empty slot number appear next to the sample in the list)… keep selecting new ones and you will hear those being triggered in the sequence.