Anyone help with recording to Digitakt to Ableton with Overbridge please (PC)

Hello,

I’ve been trying to learn how to record from the Digitakt via usb > Overbrige > Ableton.

For the moment I just want to record the main input and not the individual tracks to keep it simple.

Anyway I can’t. I have it set as below and hit record and everything plays nicely, but I hit tab and you can see on the wav output it’s just a flat wav stream, I’m not sure what it is really. I did pull out the usb cable and just hit play and nothing plays back that I recorded.

Is there anything obvious I’m doing wrong?

I’ve armed the audio track for the Digitakt and set to Post Mixer and left the Midi and Audo Track to unmuted too. In preferences I’m using Driver type MME/DirectX the other option is ASIO but I can’t seem to get that to work.

Maybe some has a template they can share for PC. I only have Lite 11 though (8 channels)

1 Like

on the audio input device it should be the main out instead of the line in, it seems you have ableton listening to the digis line in instead of the main mix i think.

I only have these options:

In order to record main out from Digitakt you can also use the regular USB compliant out instead of Overbridge.
Switch it into the digi system panel

Not at my studio to work through each step, but I know for a fact that the latest overbridge manual has a perfect step by step walkthroguh with example setup in ableton.

I know “RTFM” is an annoying response but this one really does help.

There are some very specific steps you need to do in sequence like setting USB mode on your Digitakt to Overbridge, booting overbridge on your computer, setting up the overbridge PLUGIN on the track in your daw, and then manually configuring each output to different tracks.

What you’re doing now isn’t working because you might have missed one or all of these steps, so youre not seeing Digitakt or overbridge as options in your audio devices.

Also, once you get OB working, youl notice certain things are confusing compared to the regular mix youre used to. For instance, pan is no logner controlled on the Digitakt but rather in your DAW, FX signals come out on the FX track separately, etc. You will also have to use the Utility plugin in ableton to boost the gain of your tracks since the signals are very quiet in overbridge. Don’t worry, these aren’t bugs, and it’s working as intended.

Sorry- I see you wanted a simpler answer and just want your main outputs, not individual tracks. I think you still want to go through the steps I mentioned to actually get audio over USB working. Otherwise you will need to use regular audio cables from DT out -> into your regular audio interface if you have one.