AR sound engines

Hey,

Quick question…

Are the AR analog drum sound engines the same as the Syntakt?

Reason for asking is, I had a ST but thought the drum sound engines didn’t sound great. Muffled and thought the attack was weird on each engine. Hard to explain I guess.

Anyway, let me know!

Rytm has 3 of the Syntakts analog drum engines, and 2 of the Syntakt’s cymbal/CB generators, in addition to a bass tom (which is insanely good, even better than 808 kick to me), low tom, and mid/hitom engines (of which the low/mid/hi toms are not sought after on their own but are excellent for adding body to sample layers) – in addition to one sample per each of the 12 pads.

edit: removed incorrect info about Syntakt master distortion. It does have one! It’s just part of the master FX Block routing, not automatically on all tracks. Sorry for the confusion.

Ahh, thanks.

Thats that confirmed then!

So do you mean the AR doesn’t have master distortion or the ST?

I’d be using individual outs anyway!

1 Like

Wow sorry i was spreading misinfo, it’s the compressor that Syntakt doesn’t have. The Master distortion is on the FX block of Syntakt yes. I’m always using the FX block filter on digital tracks so im not getting the master Distortion on my analog tracks the way i do on Rytm - hence why i forgot here… My own personal use case and mistake here. Thanks for pointing that out @Jeanne

1 Like

I don’t get the comments.

ST does have master distortion (it’s just called differently), but that is applied to the tracks one routes to the FX block. Which means one has much more flexibility and can send either everything or just selected tracks to the ‘master distortion’.

2 Likes

Cool!

Thanks v much peeps

Now to do the ‘drum machine’ research. Fml. :joy:

1 Like