AR2 power cable disconnection issue

My AR2 power cable is really easy to disconnect and I’d like to find a solution to anchoring it to the case, similar to this on the back of the RD9…
436466-RD-9_P0DG6_Rear_XL
Are these things available to buy or something similar and what are they called? Maybe someone has a good solution to this problem.

Look for “adhesive cable tie base”. Plus a matching cable tie, of course.

Thanks. Can the cable ties be undone? I don’t want the cable permanently attached, just anchored during use.

With difficulty, use a pointy tool to lift the tab inside. Or cut it and replace it. Or use a releasable tie.

1 Like

I’m really looking for something to hook the cable around similar to the RD9. Trying to undo cable ties with pointy tools is going to lead to profanity and upset the equilibrium, what little there is of it.

You could try a piece of adhesive Velcro on the AR with a bit of a Velcro cable strap - like this Stairville CS-160 Black Cable Strap 160mm – Musikhaus Thomann - wrapped around the power cable. I use this with a loose USB-B connection on my master keyboard and it works fine.

That might do it. I’m wondering if I might need to get the cable socket looked at as it’s really easy to accidentally knock the power off. I don’t have the same issue with the DT… yet.