Are platform like Loopcloud disillusioning?

You only worry about this if your objective is the finished object. I play my electronic instruments for the pleasure of playing them. Audio snippets and pianolas don’t stop people playing the piano.

1 Like

I had two choices…

1 - pontificate over the existential meaning of online sample services, it’s impact on the heart and soul of music production, weighing and measuring its legitimacy and asking myself what it all means…

2 - use the service and see for myself.

So I signed up and used it with my Digitakt last night. Here’s my detailed report.

Normally I would open up my own sample library full of one shots, drum loops, melodies, bass lines, and the like. I would audition them and decide what I wanted to use, then transfer them to my Digitakt to start morphing, transforming, and creating music with the DT’s wonderful tools.

With Loopcloud, I opened it up, found one shots, drum loops, melodies, bass lines, and the like, I auditioned them and transferred the ones I wanted to my digitakt. I then started morphing, and transforming them to create music using the DT’s wonderful tools.

It was fun. End of report.

4 Likes