Arturia Polybrute

Are you sure it’s Arturia that changes the price? Imho it has more to do with the local taxes, transportation-costs, warehousing cost and profit-markup from the retailer? Arturia’s “adviced” price is 2699 euros on their own website. The cheapest EU price I could find was €2,445.99 including VAT and free shipping inside Germany (German retailer)

1 Like

Beautiful and deep patches Co5ma - well done.

2 Likes

Thank you, Jukka!

1 Like

Totally agree. The Co5ma patches are far more creative. Great work!

1 Like

Thank you so much guys for the kind comments!

The new video for the second sound pack (Unreal Morphing) will be released in few hours, stay tuned!

3 Likes

Here’s a vignette I recorded tonight messing around on the polybrute.

Just a held chord but LFO moving pitch up and down with the tuning quantized on “Octaves fifths”, so it auto-arpeggios. Used slow ring mod as a leslie-like vibrato.

It’s a little long winded for such a simple musical idea, just got carried away.

3 Likes

Picked up a new Polybrute and Opsix today, was able to walk into guitar center and get them both. Polybrute is what I always wanted an analog poly to sound to like.

2 Likes

Anyone else find that they basically write a song every time they turn on the PolyBrute? I usually just start with an initialized patch and set out exploring, but there’s this incredibly smooth transition from sound design to composition that happens with the PolyBrute. It’s a testament to the synth’s design that sound shaping and songwriting feel so naturally intertwined. I really love this synth.

11 Likes

Hitting a high Bb…

Good tenor range there, Jay. Giving Robert Plant a run for his money. :wink:

A well-crafted track either way. It’s good to see so much genuine musicianship around here lately—lots of people daring to be human, actually playing and singing—warms the soul.

Cheers!

1 Like

I enjoyed some sounds in this video:

Okay im in. Ordered one today. Sort of reminds me of the Yamaha CS80 i had back in the 80’s. Maybe the ribbon.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Ive read a lot of people lose track of time when their on this synth.

1 Like

Yes! I just initialize it and then wander away. It’s an experience every time.

2 Likes

I always have kind of scoffed at this synth. I don’t know why. Any way, I played one the other day and I could not believe how much I loved it. I want one now.

1 Like

Comments on what wins you over?

Tone and clarity of the oscillators without feeling cold and digital. I’ve been on a REV2 mainly for a few years and my main complaints are just how muddy it can sound if you’re not precise with how you’re building patches. It can be difficult to set it in a mix. The Polybrute had what I loved about the REV2 but with a better sound. That’s my immediate reaction any way. I also enjoyed playing with touch thing and the two filters. Just an overall nice synth.

1 Like

This synth is gorgeous and I’ve wanted it since it came out. The thing that has always stopped me is those darn squishy silicone buttons. I’ve just seen too many of those age badly. They turn yellow, lose their conductivity, or even shrivel up. Maybe newer materials have improved, but it keeps me at bay :confused:

I know that matrix would be ridiculous to do as tact switches or something but… I’ll enjoy seeing other people use it.

1 Like

I have exactly the same feeling with the MatrixBrute, whose buttons I assume are the same. Even aside from the aging question, there’s a lack of positive tactility or a discontinuity in “actuation confidence” or whatever when playing a MatrixBrute, which I’ve done many times, and came this close to buying. I posted about the buttons in the MatrixBrute thread at some point, and owners respond they’re quite happy with the feel, so it’s a taste thing, I guess. Compare with Elektron buttons, though: there’s no satisfyingly positive click at the bottom, yet somehow they feel much better and don’t distract at all. In any case, it’s just one minor factor compared to the remainder of these two Brutes.

1 Like

Yeah, nothing against them really overall. It’s just a personal barrier for an otherwise all around beautiful instrument.

1 Like

They’re a cinch to replace, both the silicone buttons sheet, and the resistive sheet, if you have the parts. ( Especially for you Airyck ! )

Not knowable is how easy those two parts would be to get or have made in small batches in fifteen or twenty years.

There is a Marcus Fuller teardown video with the Push 2 worth watching, which i’ve got to assume is very similar.

Plus if done right i am sure the materials used have improved. Arturia needs to escrow the CAD for those two parts and give some sort of commitment to sell those parts for twenty years, or something.

The same thing i’d want with any touch screen product as well. And what about the “Murphy” on the PB. I bet there are some special parts for that too.

I’ve wanted the PB from minute i heard it. I just need to clear the mental landing strip, cluttered with all the other gear.

1 Like