Arturia Polybrute

Its here - the question to ask is it a future classic like Alesis Andromeda A6

https://youtu.be/l1nr2zqZOKU

1 Like

Any more thoughts on this?

I don’t know. The A6 came long time ago (in 2000!) and was really one of the first new and MODERN poly analog. It was and still is a beast (16 parts of pure analog bliss…). I loved mine but it was really buggy (and mine was very sensitive to electromagnetism, wifi, etc…). Sold it in 2012 and had the chance to find and purchase a CS-80… :crown:

I don’t buy or keep instruments just by imagining they could become legends. I keep instruments that gives me smile, fun and inspiration. Polybrute is one of those… in my humble opinion :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Astrolab why can’t I ever see the likes on YT on any of your videos?

There are loads of likes on his Qauntum Videos.

1 Like

it seems, that the modwheel does always the same as the x axis of the morphee and the wooden touch ribbon does always the same as the y axis… (if the morphee is set to matrix)

that seems like such a waste of performance tools to me…

I’m sure there is but I can’t see any and I find that really weird.

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

I have 7k of stimmy bux burning a hole in my pocket and these are sold out everywhere in US it seems. :: Guess I’l settle for a prophet 5, FML.

1 Like

I have to say I’ve still not heard anything from the Polybrute that interests me more than a Quantum/Iridium.

It’s coming!

7 Likes

Man I want this thing! Bummed they raised the price

Geosynth just released a patch library too, but your patches for the PolyBrute are a lot more interesting and adventurous Astrolab.

The PolyBrute definitely has a signature sound to it.

1 Like

There is one on NYC Craigslist if anyone wants it.

Did they? US retailers, while not having it in stock still have 2699 as the price.

It had been $2499 at SW for about 7 months.

1 Like

Which is $200 up from the earlier price of $2499.

For instance i have the Sweetwater print catalog with $2499, but their online price of $2699.

I just googled “arturia polybrute 2499” and a lot of US retailers sites get listed showing that price as 2499, but when you click through the price is 2699. The 2499 price is still cached in the google search engine.

ADDED: Arturia prices perhaps are a little more fluid on their higher priced synths. The MatrixBrute had been 2199, then went to 1999, then back up to 2199, and now is at 1999. So perhaps the APB will go back down too.

ADDED; For example here’s an announcement from July 2018, when price on the MatrixBrute was changed by Arturia from 2199 USD to 2499 USD. The MAP (minimum advertised price set by Arturia) in the USA of the MatrixBrute is currently 1999 USD.

1 Like

Snap. I didn’t know it had gone up. Well, I bought it at the new high price I guess. :man_shrugging:

1 Like