AUDIGO microphone - multitracker- magnet

isn’t that super clever and sounds great?

1 Like

$240 seems like a lot for taking an H1n and moving the UI to an iOS app. That’s H4n prices and a lot less features. Though a lot of those sacrifices enable the device being light enough to be supported by a magnet, which is really cool.

Only 32Gb of storage, though, and it would have been really nice from both an upgrade and workflow perspective to see SD card support. I can’t imagine it would have added much to the bulk.

But the weirdest thing is after a year, they start charging $20-a-month? And if you cancel you keep the mic and the app continues to work just fine? So what are you paying for?

I suppose it must be the (slightly stingy 250gb) cloud storage it backs itself up to… but that, also, seems expensive. And it needlessly complicates the story. I’m much more hesitant to buy as I’m worried I’ll forget to cancel in a year. It just seems like a “everything has to be a subscription” buzzword kind of thing for a device that really doesn’t fit with that model.

Still, it’s a cool (very) little device! And the app looks gorgeous. They’ve clearly put a lot of work into it. It just seems pretty niche unless the audio quality is markedly better than various Zooms and Tascams at that price.

Looks great but $20 per month subscription model sucks ass, big time.

5 Likes

When subscription ends you lose pro functionality:

PRO

Cloud storage

FUTURE FEATURES

PRO

Collaboration - Feb. '23

PRO

Live streaming - Spring '23

PRO

Multi-mic recording - Fall '23

1 Like

jesus… i totally missed the sub thing

would make it a no go for me

Oh wow, another ‘game-changer’. There are so many ‘game-changing’ devices out there, but it seems the only game these guys are playing is generating more waste and fleecing people with a pointless subscription model. The magnet thing is cool but in no way justifies the negatives.

2 Likes

yes the sub is so stupid. as said i missed that point, sorry

i regret having posted it, i just watched the video. another sub… what do they think?
another 240$€gbp / year. So not for amateurs, only for pro’s who earn a lot of money to pay another stupid sub.