Audio Out for newbie

Hello everyone,

Like the subject says, I am a complete newbie and I may offend someone with my newbieness. I am about to purchase the Model:Cycles, trying to get the best out the Black Friday deal here in the US, and I wanted to ask you all about some basic questions on how to get the audio out of this machine, which is my first machine other than a PO-33 I have been to playing with.

1. I own some beats wireless headphones that I use with my PO-33 using a 3.5 male to 3.5 male cable. How could I make these headphones work with the Model:Cycles?
  2. I want to use my computer speakers if possible, not to buy anything else atm, but I noticed they only have a green audio jack that goes behind my desk computer. They got a good bass, so I was wondering if they could be also used with the Model:Cycles using an adapter? Again, I lack the vocabulary.

I wouldn’t mind looking into new headphones if that’s necessary, specially now that deals are all around, but I thought I might ask and see if there are any other solutions to work around it.

Thank you!

This’ll do!

https://www.amazon.com/1-4-inch-adapter-Adapters/s?k=1+4+inch+adapter&rh=n%3A2267280011

I hook up my computer speakers sometimes, works just fine with the headphone out jack.

Oh yay, it’s that simple. I just wanted to make sure. Thank you for your help! I will get one of those then! Can’t wait to receive my Model:Cycles!

1 Like

It’s a lot of fun - I’m having a very hard time integrating it with either my iPad or desktop (Windows audio without an audio interface is GARBAGE, and I don’t have an interface for the iPad either), and unfortunately I don’t have a mac yet where everything is so damn simple in this arena.

But even standalone it’s just a ton of fun, VERY immediate.

The Model: series are class compliant, so if you connect it to your iPad with a USB cable (you may need an adapter depending on your iPad model), it will automatically appear as an interface which you can use in your apps. You’ll probably find the iPad audio comes out of the M:C when you connect it, there’s no way to specify a different output on iOS right now.

1 Like

…but keep in mind…wireless means bluetooth…and bluetooth means latency…

i’m afraid u will loose any patience with ur gear pretty soon, if any realtime press/hit will take a little xtra moment to be audible…

no problem to hear finshed music wireless…but producing it this way, is a pita of the finest…

u might wanna consider some cans with cables…

Yeah, I’m finding that works great - the problem is some apps don’t have a great way of monitoring what’s coming out of Cycles to the iPad via USB thru headphone jack (iPad Air 3). So it’s VERY hit or miss… some apps work ok (Cubasis - but I hate it) and others don’t really work at all (Nanostudio - can’t figure out how to monitor inbound audio).

Tried the USB connection on a Win 10 machine and it was soooo low and crackly over USB. Beats me. Just discouraging but it’s ok, will just continue to use standalone or record into something else… I’m getting a bit off topic, sorry!

Ahh OK. I mostly use stuff inside AUM so haven’t come across this.

You are ahead of me! I’ll be back to you soon when I want to try to connect it to my iPad or Mac, but it seems that is not that difficult with the Mac as you mentioned. We’ll see. Can’t wait to play!

Yep! Some headphones even come with an adapter like this.

If you get into recording you will be needing an interface or connect via USB cable, but I’ve been having issues with doing the latter with my iPhone.

I use a Zoom U-22 which has a headphone jack for input plus an xlr. Pretty good and cheap, and is friendly with my phone via the camera/usb adapter. I see a lot of Zoom stuff in use on many other channels too.