Audio routing setup - Digitakt & SP404MK2

Hi all

I’m looking for some help from the community on how to most effectively set up connectivity between the two devices.

Currently Digitakt acts as the brain and is connected via MIDI cable & TRS cables from Digitakt outputs into the SP404MK2 inputs.

Whilst I will keep a small folder of one-shot drum samples on the Digitakt, I want to utilise the SP404MK2 to hold majority of my drum and melodic samples on its 16GB of memory so that I can load them up, apply FX processing and then sample that into the Digitakt. Once I’ve created a sequence on the Digitakt using these samples I want to be able to sample this back to a pad on the SP404MK2, then back to the DT, back to the MK2 etc

Have you of you tried to do similar and how did you achieve it?

My thoughts are SP404MK2 outputs into the inputs of the Digitakt, Digitakt outputs into the inputs of the SP404MK2. I would use headphones output (on the Digitakt?) to monitor and then if I want to record into DAW at once project is complete I can run a single TRS cable from my headphone out into my audio separate audio interface (or audio over USB via Overbridge)

Lastly, in regards to cables should I be using TS or TRS cables for this set up? Digitakt is Mono while the SP404MK2 is stereo and I’m unsure, as it stands though I’ve been using only TRS cables like you would use to plug from an audio interface to monitors

TL,DR - What is the optimum way to connect both devices to be able to quickly sample back and forth whilst being able to monitor

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Being mono or stereo has nothing to do with unbalanced(ts jack) and balanced audio cables

the outputs on the DT are balanced so you can(better) use a balanced audio cable(TRS jack)

I dont know for the outputs of the sp404mk2