Automate the Models?

Is automation possible with the Models?

If you put the Cycles into Live Record mode (hold [REC] and tap [PLAY]), and play the “keys” or twist the knobs, the changes/additions get recorded.

I assume it’s the same with the Samples (‘cos it’s the same with every other Elektron that has a sequencer).

Many thanks my friend, I’ll try asap. I’d like to automate a change of pitch… :smiley:

One thing to note, the automation is quantised to steps, because the Elektrons use step sequencers. Recording knob movements adds “parameter locks” it doesn’t “draw a curve” like in a DAW.

Automating a pitch change might be better with an LFO.

I’ve tried but I didn’t get what I wanted

You’re right, it automates alright but the result is terrible. I’ve got to try again using the LFO until I like what I get. Anyway, thanks again.

Yeah, sadly the sample rate of automation is very low, 1 change per step and no smooth changes.

If you want smooth automation your options are LFO, live performance, external automation and recording a live performance as a sample on another device.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

It’s kind of crazy that you can’t turn on smooth automation as an option. Korg has had it for over 20 years.