AZAR#6 - K.Pierco

Hi All ,

At the end of the year i tend to go through my delete folder one last time before finally removing all projects that for one reason or another just didn’t feel right or didn’t get finished . Question of cleaning house before the start of the new year .

While listening to these tracks however , there were a couple of them that were sonically close to each other and that somehow to my ear made it nice to listen to them as a whole , in context to one another .

The release consists of 4 fairly simple workouts with a Novation Drumstation , Moog DFAM and Mother 32 . Basic structures that managed to keep my attention after all and create a certain vibe that i can’t quite put my th(n)umb on .

I wish you all the best for 2022 .
Take care ,
K.

2 Likes

I like “Loop For The Numb” a lot. Reminded me of “Consumed”-era Plastikman. Sparse, cold, a bit wonky but still very groovy. Nice work.

I can hear the sonic connection. It’s very tight. I sometimes wish I could a) make such minimal stuff and b) had the confidence to commit to such bare and cold aesthetics. It’s really good.

1 Like

nice. minimalism always appeals to me.

1 Like

Thanks for listening and for the kind words .

I can relate to the confidence part , considering i nearly deleted all of it … i’m constantly wondering if i should multitrack and get more into detail , add more variation or add this or that fx , if it’s not too simple or monotonous ,… etc … minimalism is something i love more than anything else in music , but also the thing i struggle with most every time i get into the studio…and i have this constant feeling it’s either too boring or just over the top … but finding that sweet spot in the middle were i manage to present the right amount of sound , within the right amount of frequency ranges and presented in a certain structure is the type of stuff that keeps me up at night :slight_smile: