Bad Gear

Seriously though, does anyone actually like the sound of the Pan Flute?

I do :cry: but maybe I’m wrong.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yes. I like it. But does anybody like bagpipes?

1 Like

Bagpipes rule! Especially when used in the context of Nu Metal.

Korn forever!

6 Likes

Pittsburgh Modular cases

My old man.

He’s got shitloads of 12" records of nothing but bagpipes.

He’s not even Scottish.

4 Likes

By itself it has a nice tone to me but it’s been used in so much bad music I can understand how they become associated. Some synth sounds are like this for me like Hoover bass. It’s been used in a lot of terrible “rave” songs but it’s a very cool sound on its own. I’m so glad Syntakt got the swarm machine so it might make its way into some better music.

1 Like

Every instrument sounds good when used in the context of Nu Metal. Even panflutes.

2 Likes

Yes! You’re speaking my language!
Finally a fellow Nu Metal head on Elektronauts.

1 Like

There’s that one nu metal band with the masks and 800 people on stage. There’s gotta be a pan flute in there somewhere.

5 Likes

I think i kind of hate tambourines. I might use a sample in my beats but please don’t give one to the singer of the band.

3 Likes

Don’t give one to Shaun, but let Bez have one.

3 Likes

Yeah, not sure if I fully agree but I also have never used the lofi-12 but after watching some videos my ultimate determination was it isn’t for me, Model cycles I enjoy a lot and could see picking up a Samples… but I also already have 3 hardware samplers that are all more powerful than lofi-12 so I am really mostly looking at workflow and not too much at feature set.

1 Like

right!? it is comically big for such a tiny mixer. so stupid.

2 Likes

Okay. Interesting. Can you explain this answer a bit? What about Pittsburgh Modular cases is bad?

I haven’t laughed so hard for a long time, this meme is amazing… might use it as my background picture to have a laugh every day.

1 Like

This comment is like fine wine.

And btw I think the Roland MC-101 from the 80s was a bad synth. When I bought it in the 80s I thought I could use it like an SH-101 because it looked similar but the sequencer was just terrible and at that time I did not know that MIDI and DIN sync was different so I could not sync it up to my Poly 800 :rofl: I believe it did not store the memory (sequencer) when you turned it off. And it did not sound like an SH-101. Even Behringers MS-101 is closer. But I could sell it for quite some money when analog was hip again.

1 Like

It is my background picture! Who made this meme? @shigginpit @Schnork, is this yours? @sndrsklr? @Florent888? My god, whoever it is deserves a medal. :purple_heart:

1 Like