Bandcamp Fridays

I have to say that I bought a few records last Friday because I thought it was Bandcamp Friday then :upside_down_face: Couple of interesting ones:

3 Likes

I liked KLO’s debut album on Smalltown Supersound more than I thought I would. That’s a good one.

2 Likes

Thanks Mike.

I take back what I said about reaching my limit.
One more won’t hurt.

I redeemed: ydef-j52q

Looking forward to wrapping my ears around this.

1 Like

I really feel like sharing this track I made, because I somehow fell into a vibe/sound I’m still chasing… In the hopes someone else appreciates this as well :slight_smile:

And I’ve been listening to this album as well, it’s great:

1 Like

Shameless plug, released just over a month ago!

I hope you enjoy the album.

1 Like

I bought @Drummachinemike’s latest and am very glad I did. Great record!

1 Like

made this one today, for BCF

this is my last album proper, released last month

Am I the only one who presses play on lots of tracks to see what happens?

Proper mash-up :grin:

2 Likes

Me too - BC Mix live at Elektronauts

1 Like

Picked up only a few things this time:

Some fun and funky house

Some jungle from my home state of Texas

Finally got around to buying the album of some personal friends

And I picked up this really cool EP from @lannzach!

3 Likes

Oooooo @PineappleDave I haven’t heard some good funky house since I lived in Ayia Napa! Cheers, lad!

1 Like

Damn- just learned that there is no more Bandcamp Friday. It was a good initiative while it lasted and as far as I can tell, Bandcamp remains the best way to financially support smaller artists anyway.

2 Likes

From a Bandcamp newsletter last week:
”On Friday, June 17th, from midnight to midnight Pacific Time, we’ll hold our third annual Juneteenth fundraiser, where we donate 100% of our share of sales to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, a racial justice organization with a long history of effectively enacting change through litigation, advocacy, and public education. Read our statement here.

Bandcamp Fridays will resume on September 2nd, and continue on October 7th, November 4th, and December 2nd.”

5 Likes

Thanks for that. I guess isitbandcampfriday is not up to date!

2 Likes

Oh yes, it’s back! :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Awesome. Gotta love Bandcamp for this!

2 Likes

So, the purchase of Bandcamp hasn’t had any negative changes so far? I recall reading a thread somewhere stating “Bandcamp is over!!!”

1 Like

I’m still waiting for the other shoe to drop, or the CEO/Investors to get bored, but so far from the outside looking in, nothing has changed.

(Bandcamp is now owned by Epic, which is 40% owned by Tencent, so a portion of non-Bandcamp Friday money will go to them. This matters to some folks; make of it what you will)

4 Likes

Been waiting for ages to finally get some stuff from my wishlist:

An excellent compilation put out by a fellow Elektronaut

Some Jazz covers by Chip Wickham:

Couple of funk tracks with some great sounding drums from Mike Bandoni:

And a pre-order for the double bassist Henry Franklin on the Jazz is Dead label:

Woo :partying_face:

3 Likes