Bandcamp Fridays

I’ve bought bits and pieces off Bandcamp before but today was my first big purchase (£100+ of tracks from lots of labels) and the experience of buying it was really disappointing, you either have to go through PayPal once per track (which it said would be 24 times!) or you can pay on credit card… but it turns out they charge your card once per label, which got mine blocked for too many transactions :man_facepalming: and you have to deal with currency conversion with a card.

Feels like they need to optimise this and just make it one payment to Bandcamp that they then divvy up, it’s certainly put me off building up a large cart and buying it in one go again a bit :frowning: but I guess they are a small company and I got there in the end! Some killer stuff on there so hopefully they can keep improving the site, it feels kinda clunky-but-works right now!

1 Like

@tdmusic yeah that happened to me the first couple times I bought from multiple artists, sucks! After that your bank should tag on, at least I haven’t had it happen recently.

Spinning this eve we have hed fuq by ekhe which uh, does what it says on the tin. Techno braindance footwork go fast go hard.
“Ekhe unleashes his first offering for Spooky Shit, testing the boundaries of how many kicks you can fit into one song.”

Spooky shit discography is £7.50, i’m considering it

For some dubbier footwork styles we have the laughing gas by yssue. This is right where my head is at these days, worn and gritty dubbed out dance music (like dub techno but not that dub techno)

Right now listening to stompy from the upcoming delay grounds album, and this is ridiculously good. This phenomenal one note riff kicks in, and the execution is staggering imo. It feels so effortless, like it’s shooting down the path of least resistance, but the crastmanship is jaw-dropping at the same time. Recommend to all

And i’ve got money is your god by I know i’m an alien lined up for when it’s time to just get really, really weird.

bandcamp website is weirdly quite bad … though maybe its because it’s being hammered today.
soundcloud app/website is also pretty bad… finding my own stuff on there is weirdly very ‘f@$%ing’ annoying.

i spent more than i wanted, but i did buy more complete discographies … lots of nice electronica to go through tonight.

1 Like

This is insane. Instabuy for me, INSANE beats.

1 Like

made my sample library of 1800+ 1 shots $5 for today. if you need some sampler food have at it.

tom hall has a new release out today. some wicked stuff.

4 Likes

The album I put out last month, Redpoint - ‘On Pause’, is “pay what you want” today.

Received some really great comments from fellow Elektronauts on its release.

Gonna check through some of the other releases mentioned in this thread. So much great music out there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Put a bunch of albums up about a month ago. Lots of different styles from sample based hip hop to fast paced IDM.

2 Likes

Funky number here perfect for some BGM.

It’s a name your price deal. Bargain!

1 Like

concentration - circumcision

“hi-NRG electro-riot / trash-smut: full spat in yer face lyrical obtuseness taking a hatchet to the male ego via Jewish body-dysmorphia”

…and this is where i’ve ended up. Not sorry

1 Like

Dear, thank you: currently enjoying this band’s music, very appreciated!

1 Like

This is my album of the week!
Very interesting young guy, 7 albums at the age of 19, very good production, 22 tracks, some are really awesome.
Send him money in such hard times!

Or just download his whole discography

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is useful if you want to know when it’s Bandcamp Friday in your time zone :slight_smile:

https://isitbandcampfriday.com/

9 Likes

from a bit ago. - also worth mentioning that much of my older releases are “pay what you want” as in free so go grab them if something catches your ear.

6 Likes

Incredible talent right here! He can have a beer on me!

1 Like

2 Likes

A few things on my wishlist that I’ve been waiting for today to buy:

3 Likes

ive been digging this a lot lately, has a nice SND/mark fell vibe in places-

and this, lovely ambient/ drone stuff-

2 Likes

I ended up buying the latest Opinion album for a fiver. Thanks for the tip. This is right up my alley and suits the mood also.

2 Likes

Just bought This is the Kit’s new one. Glad to see she is getting better known, I think she is a terrific songwriter

2 Likes