Bandcamp Fridays

:champagne:

So cool, right!?!?

Canā€™t believe heā€™s only 19ā€¦ WTF!!!

2 Likes

this one from myself came out last Friday, all tracks made on DN :slight_smile:

also have another one from earlier last month as a free download/name your price

1 Like

Reworks of Regisā€™ Blackest Ever Black releases.

1 Like

My two favourites of Alessandroā€™s work

1 Like

Iā€™m featured on a compilation released today, so I thought Iā€™ share it hereā€¦

Mineā€™s track 17.

3 Likes

Yeah I like that a lot. Bargain for $10. Purchased. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My track was a mix of Digitakt and Ableton Live, I love some nice sampling manipulationā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve just released this album yesterday, thought of sharing hereā€¦ experimental electronica ranging from ambient to mutant breaks. Probably the album Iā€™ve worked the most in my life, and Iā€™m quite happy to see it finally coming to life.

1 Like

New album out today yaā€™ll! Some of the best IDM/acid Iā€™ve come up with to date. Thereā€™s a bit of a mood spread across these 10 tracks. Wether it be joy, melancholy, bliss, anxious, or relaxed I know youā€™ll find something to gravitate to.

1 Like

(thought Iā€™d share this here, although itā€™s primarily Octatrack I donā€™t think this sort of noisy experimental stuff is that popular on this forum! :slight_smile: )
I record a lot of improvisations to try out new ideas, but never do anything with themā€¦ so I decided to cut a few bits together for bandcamp friday.
made with OT, guitar, mood, tensor, and H9 pedals. The OT is filled with samples I made using Tom Mudā€™s Gutter synthesis max patch, then cut the takes together in Pro Tools (very roughly with a limiter thrown on for good measure) ā€¦ ranges from doomy drone to Parmegiani style electroacoustic collagesā€¦ maybe some of you will enjoy ā€¦

1 Like

I just released my first EP of chill electronic music, been waiting to share something on here for a long time! If you decide to check it out and listen, thank you and I hope you enjoy it!

Are you lot trying to bankrupt me. I like this one a lot too :slight_smile:

50% off everything at https://firecrackerrecordings.bandcamp.com/ today with the code LATEFIFTY.

I quite like the DJ Sports album:

Track 17 is pretty good, but actually I believe yours is track 16 (equally amazing) ^^
Can you talk about this album, how you end up collaborating to this and what were the constraints exactly?
I love such concepts turned into albums ^^

This compilation was conceptualized as a way to make productive use of quarantine times, by Dr. Achim G. Reisdorf - a way of keeping artistically engaged while incorporating scientific thought into new creation.

All artists made exclusive use of the Mineralien Museumā€™s recordings of their Stone Instrument collection, as documented by Submerged, with thanks to Julia Zanke. These compositions are the result of an open source team of artists doing painstaking research on how the stones SOUND - in every facet of utilization and manipulation.

All Proceeds Support The Mineralien-Museum In Essen, Germany

Fuck my life, I donā€™t even know which one my track isā€¦

It all began when Ohm Resistance (one my fav labels) made a post on their Facebook page and shared a set of samples recorded in the mine/museum. There werenā€™t many constrains apart from ā€˜you can only use these samplesā€™ which is a very loose statement.
Then I went through the samples and picked the ones that sounded like they had something I could work with, sometimes I was looking for low end, sometimes for a possible loop. From there it was about loading them up, using filters and envelopes for the percussive parts and liveā€™s Wavetable for my main bass sound.
Lots of resampling was involved.
For me this was all quite hard, I had 3 completely different drafts before I settled for this, drowning all in reverb and creating the space was what clicked and pointed me in the direction I wanted.
Unfortunately I donā€™t know much about the other artistā€™s process.
Ohm Resistance shared a video of Scorn playing his mixer to do the Live dubs, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen other posts.

3 Likes

Yes, good label ^^

I just love such projects.

1 Like

Perhaps we could also start sharing our BC collections as further inspiration what to buy/listen to. Here is mine:

Bought some new dub techno today - though the album is already some years old:

My own stuff is always available for free. My latest release with a lot of DN, A4 & OT:

1 Like

This moment when I feel like a cash machine and understand I should stop buying discs.

:man_facepalming:t4:

5 Likes

Yo, I saw you @ rough trade on pride! Wicked set! Thereā€™s always noise heads in the woodwork :wink:

You know fellow Bristolian OT user silver waves? Absolutely destroys!
This clip is so short but I canā€™t get enough:

I remember missing that gig :frowning:

Rep silver waves though

1 Like