Bandcamp Fridays

Discs are dead. It’s all about buying the components that create the music itself:

This comes as a CD size circuit board with an output jack. The music has been programmed into the chip in assembly code. The output is 1 bit audio fully generated by the release itself. (I think this is incredibly cool, and also sounds ridiculously good considering the limitations).

5 Likes

Spinning this rn! On track 5 and it’s gone real deep in.
Energetic and dream like, murky loop heavy sample manipulations, with grittt.
Real loose stuff here, i’m liking it a whole lot. Anyone know of similar things then hit us up:

1 Like

Paracusiamedia is a hot label me thinks, 5 quality releases and 20% on discog including this…

3 Likes

Following Autechre’s lead, some of the other Warp Records artists are joining the Bandcamp party. For example, this slice of old gold:

3 Likes

My newest project “Path” is out today! Get it for free or pay what you want. Most importantly, I hope you enjoy it. Acid / IDM feeling. Mostly Digitone, Ambika, Machinedrum and MFB 522. Also, shout out to @bwo for doing the excellent album artwork!

1 Like

Our label with all proceeds going to charity/good causes :slightly_smiling_face:

First 2 releases features LOTS of Elektron. And the latest release, out today, is curated by Algorave with all tracks made on TidalCycles!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Was just reminded to get the Clever Girl album

I encountered their music via this tribute to Kyoto Animation on the anniversary of the deadly arson attack on their studio that claimed 36 lives, using the music from the Clever Girl album.

1 Like

you can have all my discography / 35 tracks for 7euro20 (70% off) I promise not to do anything too illegal with this money.

1 Like

I’ve been eyeing this on electro all week:-/

1 Like

Partially shameless self-plug, but it is for charity…
Not electronic, but my band and many others have donated tracks to four compilations with all proceeds going to the Trussel Trust to help feed anyone going hungry in the UK at the moment.

Our compilation is “Let them eat riffs” for the chunkier, riffier bands, but there are compilations for fast/slow and other groupings too.

3 Likes

Steve Osbourne mixes of this Curve EP - apparently much lighter treatment than the Moulders mixes. Not that I’m familiar - heard about this via a friend.

1 Like

Mary Lattimore album produced by Neil Halstead (Slowdive)

2 Likes

Haha this is like an idm techno fill but it goes on forever

Also yes for Mary Lattimore ^^^

1 Like

bought…

new steven rutter album (firescope)
new versalife (delsin)
new Cim (delsin)
Proem remixes by friends (on touched music)

@Automageddon I was looking for the stems from Mineralien Museum’s Stone Instruments, but can’t seem to find them on the internet.

It was however mentioned that

Is there a way to have access to these samples?
Or were the samples basically the tracks of Submerged & Julia Zanke’s NACHHALL AUS STEIN?

Listen to this, seriously!

2 Likes

I’ve got a few things on my wishlist that I’m buying today, but a couple of highlights:

I love Alex’s music, his sound design work is incredible, imo. I’m surprised he doesn’t get more recognition, really.

Bristol music venue the Thunderbolt is under threat as it couldn’t get access to the Covid Recovery Fund from the governmen, so the owners of other leading Bristol music venues have banded together to record a song to help save it. Matt Otridge of the Exchange (guitar & vocals), Chris Sharp of the Fleece (bass & vocals), Mig Schillace of the Louisiana (drums) and Dave McDonald of the Thunderbolt (guitar & vocals). The track is really not to my taste at all, but that’s not the point :slight_smile:

Thanks to @dcsux on the Album of the Year thread for the tip.

1 Like

Bandcamp discogaphry .

Lots of elektron stuff in them , hope u guys like it

https://saramagomusic.bandcamp.com/music

New Smackos release from Legowelt. You know what you’re getting. Quality wobbly atmospheric ambient as always.

1 Like