Basic Overbridge Help - Analog Rytm Mk2

Hi. I’m pretty new to Elektron and am running an Analog Rytm Mk2 as an external instrument plugin, through Logic using Overbridge.

I am massively confused by the structure in the Sound Browser window of Overbridge. I understand the differences between Project Sound Pool and + Drive Sound Library as well as the differences between sounds / machines / samples etc.

However, at the moment I have two identical lists in front of me - Project Sound Pool and + Drive Sound Library. I assume this is because Rytm ships with 128 preset sounds in it. So when as yet un-twiddled, the Project Sound Pool and the + Drive Sound Library are the same. BUT, if I load in a new kit, the Kit Track Sounds area (showing the pads layout) features lots of different sounds that aren’t in either the Project Sound Pool list or the + Drive Sound Library.

For example, there is nice hat sound in the current kit I have loaded called CH KEYCHAIN. This is not in either of the sound pool or + drive lists. Is there a difference between sounds and track sounds? How do I isolate sounds from these preset kits so I can combine them with sounds I have created???

Hopefully I have posted this in the right place!

Many thanks!

In addition to this, I have just discovered I can drag sounds from the Kit Track Sounds pads display into the + Drive Sound Library.

But if the + Drive Sound Library is supposed to be a complete list of every sound available, where the hell are these sounds I am dragging out of these kits being stored!?!

Many thanks!!

In the active Project. When you create a new Project, all associated Sounds and Kits are stored on the onboard RAM. You can move sounds in and out of the the Project to the +Drive but they are self-contained in the memory until you move/save them to the +.

1 Like

Superb. Thanks!

Superb ! Thanks!

1 Like