Beat Juggling on OT

Any jugglers here? Any kind.

Would you care to post some of your own beat juggling? I don’t know if i would say that this is exactly the beat juggling as we all know it with vinyl. But it is so fun and so easy that you can really enjoy when playing.

This was my eureka moment when i figured out the setup.

I used the old http://youtu.be/f1D_UurOooksampling technique with one MX chain. That’s it.

I hope you like jugglers. We are happy people. :alien:

2 Likes

Not me personally, but a good video!

Wow! @Lemajik really amazing video. I have a few old videos peeps can check out posted in my profile, also using crossfader transitions technique.
I basically use the OP-1 and punch in different parts by moving the fader from the recording loop to the live input. You have some whole extra stuff going on here though! One problem I have is with glitch FX modulating the retrig params stop the recording sometimes which sounds bunk in a performance. How are you having such smooth glitches, is this because all sounds are already in the Octa and not live sampling so its smoother? Also, some of the scene changes that were actually playing new sounds or changing loops etc, what was going on there? Pretty inspiring stuff here, as this is my main use of the Octa,(“Beat Juggling”).

It’s pretty simple what goes on there. MX chain is use on track one. Search here.
I am using scenes to change the start point of a MX chain in order to change a loop. Same with crossfader.

For when beat repeat, this never happened to me that it would stop recording. Repeater sounds the same to me in any case ext or int. I have tape set to on in delay setup menu. Sampler track stopped recording when i had some modulation set on pitch of sampler track. But still then you could sacrifice a track and resample the resampled sample on that track and so on… you would end up with mayhem of Octamadness. :slight_smile:

Of course the MX Chain, haven’t tried it but am familiar with the thread!
HMmmm, ok when you say repeater are talking about the Freeze Delay beat repeat effects? I am talking about p-locking retrig params to get glitching effects. Are you adjusting Delay params with the crossfader while triggering the effect with the Freeze Delay Beat Repeat mode? If so(or if not) this is cool idea to get the same kind of effect (maybe). Not gonna lie got a little confused with the re-sampling the re-sampled sample lol. Still have a lot to learn!

Beat-juggling rocks and nice work on the Oct mate!

Looks like youre crossfading:
[ul]
[li]Patterns[/li]
[li]Scenes[/li]
[/ul]

And using Freeze Delay!

At one point you were triggering scenes or patterns too?

Great work !

Gotta check out this MX thingy eh!

I guess this counts as beat juggling too?

Nice one! ^

SB-SIX this is really awesome !! Could you please explain a little bit how did you setup your Scenes and Pattern ? Thanx and greets

Thanks! It’s a chopped breakbeat, a jazzy sample and a vocal sample to start with. I placed the chopped breakbeat slices in various ways on the patterns. The scenes change the slice numbers, retrigs, theres a scene with an lfo on the volume to get those stuttered chops, and also a scene with bitcrushing. I think that’s about it.

wow SB SIX … that is sick siick as fuck! wicked shit dudeeee!

The title thread should change to: iThe modern Beat Juggling by OT[/i]

[/i]

Great works guys, great technique !

SB-SIX, your experiment sounds like if Squarepusher and Amon Tobin would have done a song together in the 90’s …huuuge Fun!!

@Lemajik

Are those balls Asalato instrument?
i love it, I just started learning it since one week

SOrry all for the OffTopic*

Haha cheers guys :slight_smile: