Behringer 2600

SO TEMPTING…I received one thing from Andertons here in the US and the box was a bit ripped…but still tempting.

EDIT: Oh well, just ordered.

1 Like

Nice one Rob. Love mine!

1 Like

You get the Blue one Bunker? Anywhere I can get an 8U angled desktop rack for this mate?

1 Like

Yeah I pre ordered it the day they popped up on thomann so I’ve had it a few weeks.

I’ve got a couple of those 19” desktop rack frames I’ve had for donkeys years, mine is in one of those until I get my paws on a tall data cabinet then all my rack gear is going in that.

This is the type of thing. Must admit the two I’ve got look a bit chunkier, that said this was the first one I came across

Can’t wait to get my hands on mine, probably use the MPCX to control it been scaling down on gear looks like I have more Behringer stuff than anything else now haha. Got the Neutron I’m even thinking of getting a second one I like it that much.

1 Like

I’m not gonna lie, all those pretty little LEDs is one of the things that first caught my eye about the 2600 when the videos started showing up about a year ago or so. I’ve dove head first into the world of synths the past couple of years, so I’m still learning the ropes, and if the colors help with the layout of the controls that’s a huge plus. I foresee a 2600 being added to my stable in the future.

1 Like

I LOVE my Neutron. I’ve had mine about a year and a half, and still when I sit down and start noodling I get different sounds out of it.

2 Likes

Would it be overkill having x2 Arp2600’s in a new 16u rack Bunker?

2 Likes

Yup, my neutrons a keeper👍 Keep toying with the idea of an overlay tho… Never have been a fan of red…

Plenty here mate

https://heinakroon.net/product-category/frontpanel-overlays/neutron/

2 Likes

I’m glad I didn’t dive in and get one of the Christmas tree multi colour led models, I’m much prefer the single colour but that’s just personal taste. I can see the sense in colour coding but tbh once you get to know your way around any synth you won’t rely on it as much. I already had the Bodyssey (ironically as an early adopter mines got all white leds) so I had that ARP sound covered in a newer synth and it sounds fab to me so I wasn’t in a rush. Like I say it’s just an aesthetic thing for me👍

What you like!:joy: :+1:

Although the gray meanie is seriously growing on me…

My plan with the Neutron and Arp2600 as you can’t save patches is to multi sample them and make patches in the MPCX for live stuff mate. That free’s up the synths for playing over the top of other stuff. I’m basically all Behringer now got rid of loads of gear as my MPCX can make fantastic sample libraries of my gear. Thinking of selling my Digitone Keys too Iv’e had it 9 months and been back in the box for 8 haha. Decisions Decisions mate

1 Like

teaser…

It’ll sit happily on a desk too

4 Likes

Iv’e got desks of all different colours Bunker look what Iv’e been buying haha

51b3cRv9eOL.AC

Looks amazing on anything I’m doing DIY as I want to eventually do my live stuff sometime this year… lots of House and Techno on my gear mate

1 Like

I am planning out for a few utility Eurorack modules to put below the 2600 in a rack, like in the image for this video upthread.. Taking my time as i get familiar again with the 2600.

The LED colors in general for the pre-wired are as follows:

• Red — Envelopes
  • Green — VCO2, Ring Mod, Noise Generator
  • Blue — VCO1, VCO3
  • Yellow — LFO, Sample & Hold

I can’t picture ever beIng able to remember the 23 or so sliders across the middle for the three VCOs, the VCF, and the VCA. I’m considering color for patch cables, which i‘ve used before, when overriding a pre-wired patch.

It’s not perfect but i’ve gotten familiar with it already through the color.

Neutron user here too. I also have a DFAM.
I am thinking a Subharmonicon might be fun with the 2600.

Wouldn’t look out of place on the deathstar console.

3 Likes

I folded and preordered. Sweetwater said they wouldn’t take payment until it arrives. I paid with Paypal…and…they took the money right away. Haha

Hopefully that tells the Synth Gods I’m serious and I want it now!!

Can’t wait, sounds so wicked and looks like a challenging yet rewarding piece of kit.

Ordered the standard edition. Curious how it stands against the Karp Odyssey except the obvious differences.

1 Like

I’ve had an eye on these 2600’s for some time now. Is the only difference the reverb and maybe a little bit of color in the oscillators?