Behringer 2600

… and the color of the paint and the LEDs (i assume that is implicit in you question).

Yes i think that’s the only difference. That and whatever price difference you find.

1 Like

I feel like they aren’t giving a lot of info and it’s a tad bit annoying. Obviously the real reverb is part of it but I wish they would go into detail about the rest. Carefully selected components is vague and just silly.
I’m still going with the Black/Orange as I don’t like the noise I hear in the demos of the real reverb.
Starsky Carr had a few demos that sold me on the massive sound.

I think the video in this post fills in missing detail on the parts difference between the two. Interesting to me that the idea of having two versions dates back to the design of the board in the original. That helped me decide.

This was another part of what caused me to buy the Black & Orange too.

I actually like the sound of the digital reverb now, nothing fancy about it, but it was well done for what it is. I also reasoned that the $100 difference in price (i bought in the US) could go toward reducing the price of an external reverb, like a Finegear Dust Collector should i want a real spring reverb later.

I’m still wondering if there was anything to the idea of the Blue and Gray being limited production systems ?

Dude…thank you!
I was nowhere near as dedicated as the guy in the video to find out the difference but it was nagging at me and I’m super relieved to finally know.
Totally happy with my Black/Orange preorder still. Very excited about getting this beast. Might even buy the blue marvin down the road just to have the polyphony.

Cheers!

1 Like

Here’s also a lengthy comparison:

Bluetiful:

2 Likes

All sounds from the Blue Marvin (apart from the vocal!)

5 Likes

only a cool $1500 here:

1 Like

Crazy :flushed:

My Blue Meanie has cleared customs in Ohio and headed to Seattle…so excited!

Hmmm…I can undercut that Reverb seller by a few dollars! Hmmmmm.

2 Likes

Congrats mate :+1:

1 Like

Have you got yours yet mate? I’ve not had GAS for anything in a long time but now I’m desperate to get one of these. The blue has a real spring tank correct? Does it also have more than one filter type?

edit - I’ve got good old Starsky on the case…

From the vids it looks rather trivial to install the spring reverb and swap out the filter caps on a standard version, assuming you are comfortable with SMT and have a parts list for the missing spring reverb driver at least. I bet you could even install a toggle to switch between the digital and the spring reverb circuits if you want all those options.

1 Like

Yes mate it’s here still in the box I can’y unpack anything yet just hoarding till room complete. Iv’e seen that video mate

1 Like

Mate I cannot wait to see a pic of your studio. It’s gonna be like the end of Indiana Jones where they store the Ark of the covenant in that huge warehouse, but just full of synths. I don’t envy the task you have of sorting out your midi routing hahaha, also i’d love to hear your opinion on how it sounds.

I love the sound of the 2600 so far, it’s the only Behringer i’ve seriously considered.
Still not sure if it’s worth the extra £100…but it sure as fuck looks the part, I do think the spring sounds better over all and the blue just pops. I’m gonna be obsessing over this thing now, until I have a few hundred quid in my pocket and I’ll end up waking up one day as it arrives, pondering giving up drinking cos it makes me want to buy shit i can’t afford.

2 Likes

Haha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I’ll post loads of pics when I’m all setup mate. I invested in the iConnectivity MIO XL for all this gear (I have no idea how i’ll set this lot up) however everything is in boxes unused haha.
If you have PayPal you can do the ARP2600 or anything else and split the payments in to 3 I always do this, I have a £600 a week budget basically so I got the K-2 and Neutron and a Pro-1… Got the Blue Marvin a few days later then will not get anything else till Iv’e paid off 2 payments on each.

PS

I really should have gotten the basic ARP2600 as I have saved a Lexicon MX400 for the FX I don’t really care about Spring Reverbs etc haha I am going to get the Monopoly and Poly D after these and a Jasper lol
I’m selling gear off too I’m loving these Behringer synths but the ARP2600 looks amazing I wouldn’t mind 2 of them myself. I’ll post pics of everything soon mate.

3 Likes

Aye TBH I’m leaning more towards the standard cheaper version of the arp, I only really have my modular, an OB6 and my Octatrack…It’s liberating and I like having a compact set up, I’ve got Ableton Live 11 which is fantastic IMO, i’ve really fallen in love with just creating everything in the daw as I really like Live’s instruments…Operator, wavetable, sampler/simpler are all so useful and useable one you get into them. External Instrument makes connectivity super easy and I have exactly enough input on my 18/10 if I wanted to multi track.

The only reason I fancy the 2600 is aside from it’s obvious quality and sound, is it’s connectivity with my modular which currently is sorta split between east and west coast style synthesis. I thought the 2600 could be my go to subtractive mono/duo synth that can also play with my modular if I demand it. It’s weird as other than the odd euro module, I’ve got everything I need and its working well for me…I’m getting tracks started and finished, working on expanding them, but yeah I think this is probably the last synth I’m gonna need, aside from some pesky sampler/FX modules…maybe a Roland 606 reissue thing, as I think it’s my fave x0x box…

1 Like

I’m not on the market for the B2600 but I do think that spring reverbs often offer something more unique in patchable synths, at least in my experience. Incorporating them into feedback loops with the filter often is gonna play much nicer than a digital reverb that relies on a DAC. Saturation and distortion vs digital clipping and artifacts. Unless I suppose the digital reverb has a bunch of headroom and is modeling analog saturation and distortion. Can’t speak to how well it works in an 2600.

1 Like

That last track I posted was all on the Marvin Rob. Great for drum sounds once you’ve applied a bit of EQ. It’ll do a passable EP sound too. Don’t stress about the Lex either. The spring reverb while sounding nice on some sounds isn’t gonna feature on every patch’s so I’d suggest a good Digi FX unit is a perfect addition. I almost ran mine through the DN to track everything (and use the internal FX) but I’m more into adding FX at mixdown rather than printing it on my tracks.

I have a free channel waiting for the Blue Marvin on my new Yamaha 01v96i Bunker plenty EQ and more on there :+1:

1 Like

These 8u racks look pretty cool I actually have a 10u (6+4) desktop version high quality. The 8u could be cool for the B2600

ORANGE

BLACK

I have this one it’s 6u+4u I was thinking of racking some other behringer gear

Link to page:

8U

Other racks

VARIOUS RACKS

5 Likes