Behringer 2600

Would have to cut a pretty big hole in the back panel to access the 2600’s jacks…

1 Like

The guy can customise before delivery had mine done for some stuff I had in mine :+1:

Love the Orange look tho

Ah–good to know. And yeah, that orange looks snazzy!

1 Like

The jacks are recessed 2.5 inches, so you’re probably OK depending. It just a matter if there’s enough room to get the plugs in. These look nice for mounting vertically, the 2600 sits pretty nicely on a table top already, with just a slight angle to the front panel. The Orange with the Orange and Black, maybe ??

Is there a blue one for Marvin ??

Someone did a tear down vid. They used through hole caps in the filter circuit and added the physical spring tank. So slightly more accurate filter and analog effects. Plus the color options.

2 Likes

Someone posted that video too.

1 Like

I saw, there is a post three down from my original that has it. Very informative video

2 Likes

@Jukka if you email the guy he does custom maybe could do blue :+1:

1 Like

Got my Blue Marvin last night…bought it from England and it did not come with a US Plug so had to order an adapter…but it’s coming tomorrow. Now, I need a case for thing…nothing expensive but having it sit on my desk flat just doesnt work…just dont want to spend too much…any ideas?

3 Likes

Do you mean a case to carry it ? (That to me would be an interesting and challenging problem, finding a suitable case for this thing.) I guess you don’t, from what else you say. So I guess you mean a rack like rob_lee posted above. And it depends what angle you want it to sit.

The ones rob_lee showed looked nice, and also look easy enough to DIY, if you wanted something inexpensive. I’d go with one inch board (like pine) and mount the 2600 case straight into the side of the end boards, rather than having a metal mounting strip. You could have four sides, but three is probably sufficient with the front open. You can attach the wood pieces together as you see fit, there are lots of options. If you use scrap recycled material, you could do this practically for free. Then it comes down to how you finish it, paint, urethane, or leave it raw among other choices.

1 Like

Seems Behringer would have made a bit of money on some cheap “stand” to go with these but I guess I will get my skill saw out!

Wonder if this would work:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DR8Rack--middle-atlantic-products-dr-8-8u-desktop-rack

1 Like

Cheaper and would work

1 Like

I’ve got mine in a desktop rack similar to the ones you an Rob posted. Perfect for the job.

3 Likes

Sounding awesome. Really need to look into the Nightsky further, those ambiences are super trippy.

Did your adaptor work out for you? Which one did you go with? I also bought one from the UK and am in the US.

1 Like

Hi…this one works perfect, had two of them.

2 Likes

My US power cable has a two prong female connector at the transformer (the part on the right in the photo below):

Does the European cable have the same connection at the transformer? The transformer that i have is speced for a universal voltage and cycle rate.

You can buy the plug like in the picture in the US inexpensively.

1 Like

had the opportunity to play with this for some time

3 Likes

Thanks for the GAS… :see_no_evil:

I am lucky, no room for it. :man_shrugging:

1 Like