Behringer 2600

Starsky Carr has Two Blue Marvins. He does two videos. One a comparison, are two new analog synths the same ? And a video with two Blue Marvins playing together.

1 Like

Did you ever get your 2600? I’ve been on preorder with SW for months and supposedly I’m getting one in the next shipment, which my rep claims is still in customs, but, only if Behringer sent them what they were supposed to.
I find that statement a bit ridiculous as I’ve done large enterprise international shipments before and the BOL should tell you exactly what you are getting.
Anyway, I’m getting ready to cancel and order from Thomann as they say they can have it to me in 3 days…3 DAYS!! that’s crazy.

They shipped it to me on the 20th of April. I love the thing. Really fun.

ADDED: It just occurred to me, that was 420 Day !

As far as the sales rep, they’re a ways away from the team at SW that deals with receiving. They may not be able to easily access the bill of lading, nor have the experience to fully understand everything about it. My experience with my rep is he is honest and hardworking, and helped me work through my order(s). (There was more to it than i wrote about.)

The downside to Behringer trimming down their distribution channels worldwide, is reducing the buying options.

Good luck with your decision.

1 Like

I’m also waiting for SW shipment. I was tempted to order from an overseas provider, but I’ve read about some QA issues with this, and in fact one of the reviews on Thomann discusses a bad situation of having to send the synth back to Germany from the US for repair. I think I’ll wait for SW rather than take the risk, myself…

2 Likes

haha, yeah, I literally just read a similar review about needing to return to Thomann for repair.
I’m not a patient person by nature which is why I have never been into preorders, but I’m gonna suck it up and put on my big boy pants and wait.
Guess I’ll just have to play with my other 14 synths for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good points. I’m gonna stick it out.

1 Like

@hallucigenia out of curiosity, when did you place your order? I placed mine mid April.

Mine was more recent–maybe May or early June? I’m not expecting it any time soon…

1 Like

Only going from the on-line catalog, but:

• Andertons lists all three in stock.
  • Thomann lists Regular in stock, Blue arriving soon, Gray unknown delivery time.
  • Sweetwater says “On the Way” for Regular and Blue. The Gray is no longer listed on-line, though i know it had been.
  • Cosmo Music of Canada lists all three as available to order but not currently in stock.

Is something up with North America ?
The Gray Meanie seems harder to get.

Not that any of this means anything.

BTW: These four stores are all Behringer “Super Partners”.

I bought from Andertons and it came in great shape. To Seattle. Blue Marvin.

2 Likes

I got the feeling that most people were picking the blue marvin, made me wonder if they could possibly even cut the grey version.

I ordered the blue from SW near the end of March, no word yet.

1 Like

I guess you could read the shortage either way, maybe the Gray one sold out, and they’re stuck with the Blue. I don’t know, though i doubt that explanation as well. The Gray Meanie, was what i would have gotten, but took the Regular instead for various reasons, and i’m pleased with that choice.

The Blue one was my first choice originally but mainly for the real spring.
After seeing videos show the noise it emits I hard passed. It’s not a lot by any means but I know it would have bothered me.
On the other hand I like the black/orange look and absolutely love the colorful leds!

1 Like

Just got word mine is shipping today!!! Hoping it gets here before the weekend starts. Though it’s semi-modular, this is my first foray into true patchable synthesis ownership.

Now I need to decide if I want to buy more eurorack modules (envelopes, lfos, sequencer) or just hunt down a 2nd hand A4 (mine is currently in a very tight case).

Good to hear you’re geting yours and Sweetwater came through.

There is a lot you can do just patching on the 2600 all by itself.

There is an old book that you can find to download in a variety of places that has a lot of 2600 patches. Here’s one place you can get it. Work through that.

As far as other gear, first thing i’d consider is something you can sequence and play with good CV out. The Arturia Keystep Pro is one option. Another is the Novation SL Mark III. Or any other sequencer with CV out that you like.

2 Likes

Thank you for the link, that is a great resource!
Upon closer inspection I should be able to reach the A4 CV outs without removing it from my case.
I’m hoping Elektron will revive the Analog keys as that would be perfect.
I may even try picking up a used mk1 if the price is good

1 Like

Yeah i should have included the AK on my too short list. I’ve got one and i’m not letting it go.

2 Likes

Me too–my SW rep just called!

2 Likes

Which version? I just heard my shipment is now pushed to mid September :confused:

Just the regular version. My rep did say I was among a “lucky few”…

1 Like