Behringer 2600

I remember someone somewhere recommending an 8u desktop rack/stand to go with the 2600. Anybody have any suggestions?

I’ve been thinking of this one but not sure about if it would work. Would probably use it standing on something a decimetre or so below the desk and have it kinda sliding over the desk with its main parts.

That looks really nice. I was looking at something more basic, like this

1 Like

Also very interesting!

Hi, it seems that, after months, the Gray Meanie is back in stock. Maybe you find it interesting.

1 Like

Blue Marvin’s were in stock for about 15 minutes today at Sweetwater so I grabbed one quickly. Had to call in to order it.

Supply chains probably aren’t going to get better anytime soon so who knows if/when the next batch will come.

Worth a try and I can always sell it if I don’t like it (can’t see that being the case).

Anyone else grab one this morning? :joy:

1 Like

Yep…got one same time…phew. I had one before I got from overseas but sold it as I suck at synthesis…but it was the coolest looking synth I’ve had …so had to buy it again! Now I just gotta learn it this time.

2 Likes

Airyck – Looking forward to what you think. I almost might have expected that you would have got the standard, and then swapped out the caps, and installed your own special spring reverb. And maybe changed color on some LEDs too. Hope you enjoy this most unusual synth too.

1 Like

Get that PDF i posted above and get patching, it’s a lot of fun !

1 Like

I considered that honestly! Part of me said, I can add a spring reverb and upgrade internals myself. I can’t re-create a digital spring reverb though…

Also, I’m kind of happy not to do all that work and just get to make music with it :slight_smile:

I’ll definitely post my thoughts on it once I give it a good work out!

I would have saved up and bought the Korg one but we all know how limited that run was. I’m very impressed with Behringer’s 101 remake and hope they put that kind of effort into this one too!

I used to order at Thomann all the time was just browsing now for a Tip Top Mantis case so is this true?

GOOD NEWS FOR OUR AWESOME UK CUSTOMERS: FINAL PRICING IS COMING HOME!

No import tax etc or is there a catch ?

I’m very impressed with the mechanical and definitely the sound of mine.

On the spring reverb, i’ve wondered if Behringer left the digital reverb stuff on the circuit board, and if there is a way to have a choice between the two ?

But yeah better to just play with it musically, then to play with it as an electronics box.

1 Like

Besides the KORG one and the other one made in Spain or wherever there is a kit version 2600 – the TTSH, but i might as well be building a Black Corporation synth for that sort of money and time.

No the Behringer 2600 is definitely a great buy.

1 Like

Sounds great! Behringer is definitely capable of making some solid stuff when they put the effort in. Seems like they do it when they know they are being judged against legends. I’d say the 2600 falls into that category :slight_smile:

I already have plans to use it as my quirky wild sequenced sounds synth, with a healthy amount of live tweaking of course :wink:

1 Like

No catch. They’ll be using something similar to the new IOSS setup to keep things seamless (IOSS is for items under €150, not sure about higher value items)

1 Like

2600 VCO in Eurorack

This is probably a good place for this.

This video is from three months back, but now it’s available for preorder at Thomann. It’s the same as the second or third oscillator from the 2600, shrunk to Eurorack. It’s probably reasonable to expect the 2600 VCF someday.

$99 / 99€ / £84

3 Likes

the buy pressure builds!

2 Likes

:thup:

Total sweetspot synth - even with no psu connected when you’re rockin’ the Marvin :cool:

Most rewarding electronic instrument i have in terms of musicality/playability/flexibility - it could only have been the blue one for me although the utilitarian tank commander vibe of the grey one is rather fetching - I simply could not have lived with the coloured lights, not joking about that either - but gotta say I do like having the real spring - gonna shove an actuator inside one day to knock that on demand

The fun is in the endless ways its well curated modules can be harnessed - it’s quite a special thing really - the additions over the other spendy alternatives are also very nice - i use the later brighter filter mostly

mine is racked in one of these with 1U to spare at the top if you drop it down 1u, but I intend to build a wooden case for it eventually

a blue ‘5200’ ^ would be nice, but juggling one set of patchpoints and sliders is plenty engaging as it stands

4 Likes

Here’s a few notes on the normal connections I scribbled in preview for my purposes - mostly to keep an overview on which clock goes where and the signal path after the filter - should be self explanatory - audio I/o and ‘control’ I/o are coloured for their default use and dependencies from certain attenuators are noted - although I note having written that I hadn’t gotten around to annotating that the noise level is important for sample/hold (i.e. the noise tap is post:fader)

gave up on this a while back as preview bakes all edits in - sharing fwiw (or for comment), especially for the new users I guess - might prevent you breaking a few connections unintentionally whilst you get familiar with its paths - it’s very flexible

ps: showing normals into the filter would’ve been too busy and they’re fairly obvious anyway

3 Likes