Behringer 2600

Thanks!

I considered adding speakers for microphone recordings, probably not right away though.

With the space available in the case I could get creative with things like alternative reverb tanks or other add-ons too.

The Tolex arrived. It’s a little lighter yellow than I anticipated but I might be warming up to it. I also bought some black amp hardware for the corners. I have time though, I haven’t even picked up any 1/2” Baltic birch plywood yet.

I almost did the same but I decided to wait it out. I’m glad I did but I’m sure the black would be fine too. You can always add a spring reverb externally.

The one in the blue/gray sounds good but it’s not like it’s going to be winning awards at the spring reverb fashion show or anything.

Yeah, I was looking for a spring reverb when I came across the Gray Meanie being in stock. Thanks for your input :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Is it reasonably easy to adapt the regular model to use an external spring, i don’t know but isn’t there some amplification into a spring. If’n i wanted to do some twangin’ at spring reverb fashion show ?

Actually if i was going to do something custom with a real spring i’d think about doing something like the Fjærlett spring resonator, and just have it a plug in effect for any output. ( Especially given that the Fjærlett has like a ten year wait list.)

I made a similar choice and ordered the standard before the Blue and Grey were in stock. Honestly, I haven’t been bothered by the digital spring emulation–I don’t love spring reverbs anyway, and I find that a fairly low reverb setting adds a nice little depth to the sounds. And honestly, I kind of prefer the black/orange design (and the colored leds, but I know I’m in the minority here!).

3 Likes

Aesthetically, I prefer the black as well, but for some reason I was hung up on the spring reverb.

1 Like

Yeah it has transducers on either end that need interfacing like amplification.

All ready for the spring reverb fashion show.

2 Likes

I think you made the right choice then. I wanted the blue one, the spring reverb was just a bonus honestly.

2 Likes

Behringer is working on a replica of the ARP 1601 ( a 16 step sequencer ) that would fit very nicely with their 2600.

I posted about this over in the Behringer Gear in Progress thread if you’d like to comment further.

4 Likes

The idea:

The reality:

34 Likes

The rug was a nice touch to make those renderings look real.

2 Likes

That is awesome. The lighter, more lemony yellow is better actually. Great work getting the tolex to fit around the edges and over the details. Yellow cables too ! Good deal.

Now Behringer needs to follow through with some more blue accessories, like the 1601, etc.

2 Likes

When it showed up in the mail I was a little disappointed. After building the case I’m actually happy with the more “cream” yellow too.

Either way I had a feeling it would look great with that deep blue :wink:

It was my first time doing Tolex but I caught on pretty quickly.

It makes it easier that I was cutting boards and doing the Tolex at the same time. I was able to make adjustments as I went to compensate for the thickness so it came out really well.

I already had those yellow cables from my Modular setup. The color actually matches the Tolex almost perfectly.

I’d make a matching “skiff” for a blue 1601 :slight_smile:

I also did the offset feet like in the design. Luckily there are lots of supplies at guitar amp shops for this type of stuff.

6 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

Damn dude. That’s the bizness right there.

1 Like

Wow. Great work. It has the Teenage Engineering vibe if thats a good thing😎

1 Like

I’ve not seen any of their designs in person but I would take that as a compliment I think.

I’m just happy it has a vibe :wink:

1 Like

How neo-retro is this: reading the B2600 manual drinking coffee out of a Model D mug listening to “The Promise” on Pandora.

8 Likes

Looks like a great time to me honestly :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Getting familiar. Big, doomy basses: check.

2 Likes