Behringer 2600

You truly are one crafty dude. Very nice!

2 Likes

Thanks for the helpful post regarding gate levels and their affects on the envelopes.

I’m sure I would run into some of this wonkiness eventually and I’d be scratching my head as well.

I’ll definitely try to keep a scope within a cable’s reach for when I finish this damn furniture and start using the 2600 regularly.

2 Likes

I’m hoping to get a 2600 soon and am sure this is going to be a really helpful resource. Thanks for sharing!
EDIT: just realising the CVOCD, which I plan to use with the 2600, has a max CV of 8V and gate of 5V. Will be returning to your post many times.

1 Like

Just sharing in case anyone in Australia is looking for a cheap but ‘does the job’ angled rack mount stand for their B2600, these are going for $8 (if you can collect)

1 Like

That’s the exact one i’m using 4 posts up - you can squeeze another U in as the B2600 is shallow enough at the bottom edge to drop down 1U - thus why i mount it with 6 of 8 screws

It’s certainly cheap but functional/stable and priced fairly … note that frame is tapped, so no nuts needed - a few sticky felt pads on the base and it moves around nicely

I’ll be racking my 2600 in wood at some point, then this rack can be used for a few shallow bits of gear i have - Nord Rack 2, Waldorf Pulse+ and some consumer Lexicon stuff - as it stands the delay racked above forces the stand too far off the wall on a shallow desk for my liking - but the rack is ideal for the B2600 alone as it leaves about 10cm clear behind the 2600 if rack base is pushed flush to a wall.

Racking a deep 1U unit above doesn’t block access to the i/o on the 2600

1 Like

That’s a great price for that stand. For me, I liked leaving 1U open underneath on my 8U stand so that something can sit in front of it and I can run cables underneath.

1 Like

For now, I may revert to doing that too, so i can slide the SQ-64 under it when done, may just fit nicely

1 Like

Of all the clips of the 2600 i watched before purchase, the most illuminating and informative was possibly this channel’s uploads … the videos are packed with little useful bits of info it’s easy to overlook when you don’t have the device yet … it makes more sense when you come to an issue and you’re looking for specific info, you tune in more … i’ve been watching these again and i’m embarrassed to say that a few answers were there all along - this guy touches on both the things i needed to clarify in my mind and reveals a few other interesting things too … don’t be fooled by the opening tut/title, where it seems like a basic user is explaining usage, it’s for a basic user, but his latter tutorials have collated lots of the less obvious 2600 tips into them and they may be useful to new/experienced alike, even as a refresher - there are loads of other good insights videos and some exhaustive ones, but these are nicely focused and worth a watch ( or two :wink: )

4 Likes

Thanks, my southern Arizona brutha! :sunglasses:

1 Like

The combination of trying to use an SQ-64 to sequence a 2600 is making me feel like I have never used a synthesizer or a sequencer before.

2 Likes

I noticed that Heinakroon has stick on overlays for the Behringer 2600.

There is quite a variety here including “Airyck Yellow”. The colorful one in the upper left looks fun. Also notice there are actually seven choices, the standard layout, has a color choice of the Orange, or Neon Blue, or Slate Grey. The thinking for the standard in orange, is for those who want the one color LEDs, spring reverb, and the standard panel.

4 Likes

I like how I have a shade of yellow named after me now! :sunglasses:

Was just romping with it only moments ago!
Matriarch is providing the keys until I build my “Airyck Yellow” Tolex keyboard :wink:

8 Likes

Stunning!

And the Airyck Yellow poured from the forges of Erabor.

2 Likes

Hey there folks !
Even tho the video was made with the Korg M version this trick should work with any version of the 2600, so if any of you wonder how to get velocity on something, here you:

8 Likes

anyone using a digitakt with the 2600 ?

I see the Hans Zimmer Live show is using a Behringer 2600, it’s good enough for that.
Instagram

7 Likes

Can confirm this. Went to see the show last night and saw the Arp. He also had a few Waldorf Quantum’s and a massive wall of modular.

No pictures though as I was too far back.

On a side note, the show is fantastic.

5 Likes

This box was just delivered by FedEx to my door. Inside is a shiny new Behringer 2600 standard edition. (At least there should be, If not I’m gonna have a little freak out!)

Unfortunately I’m not at home so I’m just going to open it and check it out, pack it away and will be driving home tomorrow (not too far, 2 hours) and will have my first Friday night jam with my BArp.

Any random advice or words? I have been checking reviews and starter guides on the YouTube’s, been reading here, etc.

Any other resources I should know about? Thanks in advance…

1 Like

Start simple and soak it all in. Most of all enjoy the experience…and make sure you’ve got plenty of patch leads!

If you don’t already have a tuner, make sure to get a good and handy one. Oh, and don’t be afraid of constantly altering the pitch settings - was something that was a bit of a threshold for me at first. It’s a fantastic instrument and you’ll have a great time exploring it :+1:

1 Like