Behringer Crave

wait, try, decide.

1 Like

Iā€™m not going to do this with you as it will go on forever! You think Behringer makes stuff on a par with significantly more expensive manufacturers - fair doā€™s. I donā€™t, but neither do I see that as a problem. Seems a bit pointless to carry on.

1 Like

Fair enough. I just donā€™t understand the complaint about the fan when it can be turned off and competitors have fans in their flagship products. Seems Behringer is judged by different standards than Moog.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a live stream about this box - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lSql0OVn4k

1 Like

Hah the crave is going to have transpose!
And apparently it have the same sequencer as the MS-101 and the Odyssey so maybe they too will have transpose ā€¦

Bring on the $300 B-MS Synthi! :space_invader:

While I never liked their mixers or anything else like that, I do think the vintage synth ā€˜marketā€™ has lost touch with reality and I hope with a little competitive pricing will help level the playing fieldā€¦ not that one could actually get real synthi for $300 but for god-sakes, under 10k and not over 16k?

1 Like

Not bad for ā‚¬150 synth:

8 Likes

Much better demo than the first ones for sure

2 Likes

Ah, demo quality is improving.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

The topic is Behringer Crave - a reminder

3 Likes

You must be kidding.

Yet I am looking forward on giving it a hands on when it is released.

Sort of. Did you hear the other Behringer demos before this one? Yikes, imho. So, yes, I think they are improving. Improving does not mean I want them to release it so I can buy it on vinyl. :wink:

2 Likes

price is great for circuitbending :rofl:

3 Likes

When is this thing going to be available?

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t expect to see the Crave for quite some time now ā€“ though i am only judging by previous example from Behringer. Iā€™m pretty sure they havenā€™t set a ship date yet. (Please anyone correct me.)

(Iā€™m not judging Behringer here just reporting.) Behringer generally announces products early, and shows prototypes. This is prior to all the engineering that goes into manufacture. Since Behringer does so well in the area of cost reduction, the engineering and staging and set-up for that manufacture takes a little longer than other companies.

You can also tell it will be a while, in that they have not set a date yet. This is purely a guess, but iā€™d expect to see shipping start perhaps later in the summer (August?), it could be a month or so sooner, or much later.

I am looking forward with the Crave. I use a Neutron, and so the VCO will be similar ā€“ and thatā€™s great.

1 Like

well, thx for clearing that up. Thereā€™s no hint of a release date anywhere I looked. o.o

1 Like

New video:

(But then again i could be totally wrong with Behringerā€™s production schedule given that they are choosing to produce tutorial videos like this.)

haha what if their tutorials were just the moog mother32 videos, and the manual was just a link to moogā€™s mother32 manual? :rofl:

3 Likes