Behringer Eurorack Modular

Yet Elektron, Korg, Roland etc all manage to do their own photos, oh yeah creative direction and skill :laughing:

Honestly there are far smaller companies can set up a product shoot lol

Having to photoshop on to a stock image makes no sense to me, regardless of saving an hour or two of time.

They didn’t have to, but this is Behringer. Their stuff is cheap because reasons.

2 Likes

About the 2600 VCO:

My point being Behringer really doesn’t have a complex oscillator yet, the 2600 VCO now being the closest thing they have. There’s a big hole in their line up.

Here’s the Eurorack oscillators that Behringer does have: (This is a good place to find other Behringer Eurorack modules, broken down by category.)

• 112 Dual VCO (System 100)
  • 921 VCO
  • 1004 Oscillator Module (2500 Series Dual Core VCO)
  • 2600 VCO
  • BRAINS

Perhaps they could start with something like the oscillator section from the Neutron, and then adding in a ring mod, wavefolder and FM.

Looking at the list of Behringer modulars there’s a big hole for the digital side of things too, along with just about any new synthesis method from the last 30 years.

It’s the design/marketing standard they show towards products. MVP at its finest (minimum viable product for anyone wondering)

1 Like

Behringer has announced a digital effects module based on the code from their Klark Teknik division, called Space FX. The module is projected to cost $49.

The module gives 24-bit digital stereo effects with 32 effects algorithms, each with 3 adjustable parameters. Notable is that it does not include any CV control. Behringer said that there could be a similar product with CV at a higher price.

When this will actually be available has not been said.

Holy smokes, that price seems insane. For a set it and forget it reverb this is perfect…

Very astute point. The people that hate Behringer will never be won over to Behringer.

The people who don’t really care and just want to make music on a budget will be advertised to from all over

1 Like

It’s shocking to see a company that make products announce a new product. Someone won’t be happy about it despite other companies announcing their products.

1 Like

That looks very similar in spec to the onboard KT fx in the Odyssey except this appears to be stereo. Nothing wrong with that per se, just an observation.

Should sound great with the 2600/Marvin/Meanie

1 Like

Most definitely. The first version had the FX On-Off switch, which they’ve now changed to an Input Level Low-High switch.

Looking for more of this, like the way they split off the 2600 oscillator.

1 Like

Maybe the ping pong delay preset will actually be a ping pong now it’s a stereo unit!

I wonder if the original design was a stereo unit, hobbled to mono for the Ody? Rather than just implementing a stereo out on the synth? It would explain the ping pong preset…

I spent years refusing to buy anything Behringer. During that time I owned multiple Moogs that had major tuning problem, and quite a few DSI products that should have been better than they were. So I finally broke over. First getting a Neutron, then a TD-3 and a Crave. Now I have 17 Eurorack modules. 2 Brains, a few 2500’s and a bunch of the 100 series. They are not without issue. Many oscillators need to be calibrated. The 100 series sequencer is not stable enough to hold notes tight enough for a quantizer to keep it on the dial in notes. Still, for the price they are worth the trouble if you choose well and don’t mind calibrating. Just got to Brains. Looking forward to seeing how they hold.

1 Like

note that there is no tempo input, so you’ll have to tap that button
which has advantages sometimes … depends how lazy i’m feeling.

2 Likes

I noticed that near immediately as well

Yeah same as the Ody. For sync’ed delays you set the bpm in the relevant menu.

A very basic video from Daniel Fisher with the Behringer 960 three part eight step sequencer.

( Not worth watching if you already use this sequencer. )

b2500 as a full system sounds vintage awesome.
That slow noise random and the bigger random/sh are gold.
The vcos are drone freaks. Have 3 of them .
Filters, yum yum.
That sequencer.

Recently picked up the td3mo, Rd9
Adding to the ms1, I’ve had for while.

Will be getting the 2600 next, ms20 and pro

1 Like

the 960 looks great fun, as do most analog sequencers
This and and a neutron would be a great start for any rack

1 Like
1 Like