Behringer Eurorack Modular

Interesting that the article says this is the FX unit of the Oddy yet it’s stereo where as the Oddy FX are mono only. Maybe they share the same algorithms but via two FX lines?

1 Like

From the article-

“A little criticism: where are the CV inputs for the parameters? It is a module for Eurorack and the format lives from the possibility of modulating everything”

shame…

2 Likes

Would still be useful for bread and butter effects in jam-oriented rack.

1 Like

KT has their own algorithms that are used all over B products, there was nothing developed specifically for the Oddy, so the algorithm that was mono-fied for it will just have a stereo option for the Space similar to any of Behringer’s mixers.

SPACE FX is a 24-bit digital stereo effects module that is powered by KLARK TEKNIK algorithms. Probably the same as in the B Odyssey which also has a multi-effects section by KT. The module gives you 32 effects algorithms, each with 3 adjustable parameters.

They’re not generally going to custom develop any of the circuitry or refactor the code to make this happen to release at $49 or whatever. Maybe eventually, but easier for them to just use the R&D of existing products (internal or external to B) while building up their offerings.

3 Likes

Are these the same effects they use in their mixers?

1 Like

Definitely shared algorithms with their mixers, couldn’t speak to how they may have more or less DSP power on a “premium MIDAS” implementation over the Oddy, if there’s even a distinction beyond mono/stereo.

It’s such a shame they crippled the FX on the Oddy to mono only as I bet the reverbs and delays don’t sound too bad in stereo. They’re fine in the Oddy but stereo would deffo bring them to life a bit more

You’re probably right about stereo effects sounding better, but overall I’d say the effects in my mixer sounds pretty meh.

Anybody else try out the 2600 VCO module? I picked it up during this recent sale, and I wonder if I’m missing something… It feels very lacking in features or control. Then again, I only paid 80 bucks for it, so I guess I shouldn’t expect too much?
For example it would be nice if the four signal outputs had a unified out?

I don’t think there are any more or less features than a standard 2600 oscillator. The man to ask might be @rob_lee I’m sure he’s rocking a few of them

I’m sure you already know what two 914’s can do, chm_jacques, but for everyone who doesn’t, check out this video – with headphones.

Video queued past talky set-up.

I also just posted this over in the Behringer 15, 35, 55 thread.

BTW, with the recent price drop, it’s probably a bit more than $300 less.

3 Likes