Behringer Eurorack Modular

As a modular noob why would you need a power supply?

Also as a modular noob is there any way to hook up a MIDI keyboard to these behringer modules? Or is that the “fun”?

• you need power for electricity
  • midi keyboard, yes but you need a module to convert midi to cv, like a doepfer. or you can use an Arturia key step or something like it that has cv out.

THAT or I just got SUPAH trolled. [im so tired]

2 Likes

I think something like the malekko Manther sounds much more exciting and alive. I genuinely think it sounds generic.

If Behringer 55 sounds like this:

I wouldn’t call it bland. They nailed the Model D so they just might nail this one too.

1 Like

The issue from what I heard , it doesn’t. Not to say it couldn’t. But from what I heard it doesn’t.

We haven’t heard much yet, but it does sound good to me in the intro video.

1 Like

If they can make it sound as good as this. I’m game. But for now TBC
2 Likes

I would definitely sit down and have a beer with Uli. He’s from Germany where they pretty much invented beer. And he made his first diy synth when he was like 16 years old or something. Sounds pretty passionate to me. I’d bet he’s got some awesome stories to tell. Who doesn’t want more beer? I’m buying :ecstatic:

1 Like

can‘t serve with the awesome stories but with the german beer :wink:

1 Like

Uli Behringer is from Switzerland.

I’m pretty much hyped with these announcements but I’m also concerned about when we will see those modules on the shelves… Hopefully for this summer would be wonderful.

They’ve got them listed with pics here.

Thanks for that. Curious to keep an eye on the prices and see how they pan out now!

2 Likes

I can’t wait to get some modules really. Some affordable util friends for the Moog M32+DFAM combo.

Beer History

just a little digression

1 Like

Germans did not invent beer, but the „Reinheitsgebot“

Prost :wink:

2 Likes

So Behringer modules and 2600 might get an eta at Superbooth, how long before we can put our hands on them ? Place your bets.

Geez, warn a guy before making a comment like that!

I almost startled my coworkers by breaking the silence with a hearty laugh

2 Likes

This could go lots of place, it’s also useful with all the Behringer modular Eurorack synths. But since this the most recent related thread, i figured i’d post it here.

It’s the announcement of a three high rack stand, for mounting the Behringer Eurorack cases, or their semi-modular synths.

3 Likes

I don’t have any of these clones in my set up, but this seems like a natural step if you’ve bought into their eco system…

I really like how the rack can be extended to 104hp, seems really useful if you have modules with external power capability’s (I have the endorphin.es shuttle control for instance)

I have a feeling that behringer are trying to push more mainstream users into the modular world, the outcome of which on small scale/boutique modular companies could be viewed in many ways. Personally I know it wouldn’t stop me from paying more for particular unique modules. If anything it may bring a whole New wave of creative musicians…

1 Like