Behringer Eurorack Modular

Behringer is doing a separate video for each of their System 100 modules. So far they’ve done ones for the 121 Dual Filter VCF, and the 140 Dual Envelope and LFO.

More soon. Here’s the youtube playlist.

1 Like

And also is Uli Behringer from Switzerland… :rofl:

1 Like

I think that Dual Filter is a very nice package.

2 Likes

Yeah I just watched the video, it’s feature-packed and sounds very nice. Attractive as well. What’s not to like right?

What are you trying to do, scare up the trolls or something? :laughing:

2 Likes

This is basic in some ways, if you’re already a Eurorack vet. But it’s nice to see this, patching the Crave, Model D, CAT. Pro-1, WASP, Neutron, and … together with the System 100 utilities.

2 Likes

I already have a jove and a few doepfer-filters (surprisingly great), but the triple input mixer on this is such a nice feature.

Could not resist :joy:

4 Likes

the videos are great, not over the top, kind of funny and really authentic.

I like it

Thomann is allowing per-orders of seven of the Behringer System 55 Eurorack modules.

These five cost £41:
P3A-M Mixer, 911 Envelope, 962 Sequential Switch, 995 Attenuators and 902 VCA

And these two cost £66
961 Interface (trigger converter) and 923 Filters

1 Like

That 923 module is really cool!

1 Like

Two more videos:
#173 Quad Gate / Multiples
#150 RING MOD NOISE S&H LFO

1 Like

We can now preorder the Behringer eurorack go case at Perfect Circuit for $299

1 Like

This is an interesting though a techie video going into Behringer’s design decisions with their design of their System 55, 35, and 15 modules. They have taken the design philosophy of holding very closely to the historic architecture for these modules despite the downsides that that will place to the users of this system. They built these without using integrated circuits, using only discrete components. This certainly will create some confusion for users but it get’s balanced with authenticity and a realistic sound quality.

Question: Should we change the name of this thread, or shall we start a new thread to differentate between the System 100 and the other historic modules that Behringer is creating ? To now i’ve been lumping them together, but i do know the differencem, even though these two product families can very nicely coexist in the same setup.

2 Likes

Just rename the thread to “Behringer System 15, 55 & 100 Eurorack Modules” I think its better to keep them all in this thread instead of creating different threads.

6 Likes

wow …

but…:slight_smile:

again the behringer isn’t as deep as the tiptop but with 3A power supply and i hope it’s priced around 50 bucks :slight_smile:

1 Like

They look totally different, I’m not sure what the comparison is here to the tiptop. Just two rack adapters for euro, but different design, appearance, etc. Behringer has sliders, tiptop is fixed hardware, they are really completely different.

2 Likes

tempting. I want the vector sequencer. Could add a little system100 voice :see_no_evil:

1 Like

it was just in case somebody would crash my post way too hard, it’s about the whole package! they both come in 84TE and with a flying bus board + power module.

if I buy this it’s definitely the Behringer one.

:fire:

There are others too like the Doepfer A-100G6 Rackmountable Eurorack Case if the idea is to make a list of this.

I like that Behringer is going in fully on the cases and skiffs etc for Eurorack. So far there’s the 104 HP unpowered skiff, and the Eurorack Go Case (2 x 140) and then all the 70 and 80 HP cases that comes with the various semi-modular synths that Behringer makes. And now this !

(Did i miss any?) No doubt more are to follow – perhaps something really massive and system 55-ish?

The 2 x 140HP unit while long already, i think missed out on something. If it was 150HP then you could put both a 70 HP Behringer semi-modular side by side with an 80 HP Behringer semi-modular, and then a lot of Behringer modules (or any manufacturer) as glue in either the top or the bottom.

Not so bad though, with 140 HP you would be able to put one semi-modular in the top and another in the bottom and then fill up the space across the case with more modules.

The 70 HP Behringer semi-modulars are the Model D, the WASP, and the CAT.
The 80 HP Behringer semi-modulars are the Neutron, the K-2, and the PRO-1.

2 Likes