Behringer Neutron

Let me add to the list above M32 v Neutron:

• wavemorphing
  • 1/4" ext audio in* (presuming line level…M32 only has CV ext in)

*Can anyone tell if it has a CV ext audio in? I would be shocked if it didn’t…maybe the “sum in”? Idk what those would be…

Has anyone heard any updates to when this should be coming? I heard April but also with a preorder. I’m guessing this will be like the boog d release?

In one of the videos a Behringer guy said it is already shipping.

The issue is the volume right now is extremely low and the demand is extremely high. So the B guy in the video said they have shipped 60, and their next delivery will be 200.

1 Like

They’d better get to work! At this rate they’re creating their own “Clone Wars”!

I think Behringer is being very patient getting their new synth products into production. Remember how long it took with the Model D. Somethings just takes time to do right.

@Jukka

Well that was due to moving factories mostly.

As far as getting a Neutron (and i have not ordered one yet) i’d say contact a large dealer, either in person or via phone, i haven’t found the Neutron listed online for sale. It might also help to use a dealer with good connections to Behringer. I’ve heard that Guitar Center for instance has good connections – i don’t know if this is true or not.

1 Like

Still no pre-order available in Canada…

I’ll check it out, if I find out I’ll let yall know.

1 Like

That’s likely true. Maybe that’s still an issue. Wasn’t there also an issue on the Model D with adjusting, or the factory tuning, that was taking too long, and they need to improve their manufacturing methods.

1 Like

I’ve heard the model d needs to be tuned quite often.

@Jukka

Yes you’re right, every single unit had to be hand tuned.

1 Like

Don’t pretty much all analog synths need to be tuned? Moog does the minimoog “by hand” I believe

2 Likes

They do but when it takes an hour of labor in the factory to tune a $300 synth you know you got a problem.

ADDED: There’s a saying in electronic system engineering. You can have it fast, and cheap and good – pick two. Behringer is trying for all three. Hopefully they hit it with the Neutron.

2 Likes

Hello my Elektron dudes,

The pre-orders are available : https://ask.audio/articles/behringer-neutron-semimodular-analog-synth-now-officially-available-to-preorder

Indulge yourselves on some Neutrons! I got one (I preordered a Model D some months ago on MusicStore.de and all went well)

1 Like

And 7 July ETA at Red Dog in the UK: https://www.reddogmusic.co.uk/catalog/product/725437/behringer-neutron

Had to grab this one…Coming from modular, feature to price ratio is insane !

Behringer has put up the product page for the Neutron.

Included with this is the manual:

Midi-chaining is in the manual.

Online Ordering in the USA

I asked Sweetwater if the Neutron is available in the USA and they responded with an online place to pre-order.

ADDED: And it’s already been taken down five hours later???
ADDED: And now it’s back – take a look.