Behringer RD-9

@rob_lee. Saw the e-mail from Andertons. My first thought was ‘Rob will be happy’ :joy:

2 Likes

Hehe yeah they said there were 300+ orders to ship, mine hasn’t shipped yet BUT funnily enough if you order today you get yours Thursday lol what a croc :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I can’t say if I had one and some schmuck was gonna pay north of 700 for it, I wouldn’t sell it. There will be another one soon enough.

1 Like

Someone should call Anderton’s and tell them no-one is so eager for theirs as @rob_lee.

1 Like

Past the point of being eager pal Iv’e got plenty other drum machines to be playing for now :+1:

I wonder if they’ll le me buy @rob_lee’s spot in line for some extra coin…
you’ll be able to find the device on reverb for 599.99 + 7263.42 shipping
(and maybe i can borrow that one sellers little vaccuum tube character for the photo shoot)

Sweetwater is getting them in drips and drabs. I just got mine yesterday (in US).

1 Like

They’re a bit behind the curve aren’t they? I got mine in July? And I’m not a YouTuber/influencer etc.

1 Like

Was in a music store for something else today and came across a bunch of stock ready to go, gave the Demo unit a thrashing. liked. The kick and hi hats were great.

Mine has arrived (from Andertons UK).

First impressions;

• It’s nice and heavy at 3kg
  • Sounds pretty good (only on headphones so far)
  • It’s going to fit a 909 shaped hole in my setup far better than previous attempts (Tanzmaus and TR09)
1 Like

Thankfully i have the Samples from Mars 909 kit else i may be interested in this.

1 Like

Sounds great mate got mine yesterday, just hooked it up to the TD-3 and I’m set to have a play now. Can’t fault the quality of the RD-9 here, fits right in.

PS

Was using the headphones last night and didn’t realise you can’t hear the wave designer or filter unless you plug the mono cable into an audio interface.

3 Likes

they look both pretty nice. The TD3 in back looks good. Can’t understand why somebody would buy yellow, green etc :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I have had all the colours I prefer the black but I also have a Blue TD-3 (unopened) and a Blue MS-1 however I was going to chain both TD-3’s and test them with the RD-9 later.
I agree Black TD-3 looks great. I might use the Korg NTS-1 as an FX for it.

Just hooked up the Mopho Desktop and TD-3 to the RD-9.
It’s a pretty cool combination but no more room for synths as I’m demoted to the kitchen table lol

5 Likes

You guys that have one how do you like the dual filter?

1 Like

It sounds really good IMO but you can only use it whilst using the mono out. I plan on using the multiple outs of mine tho so I can process each channel in the mixer with external filters etc but yeah it really does sound good. Wave designer is cool too it adds bite to any sound you assign. The clap sounds great through Wave designer nice n compressed.

1 Like

Its really good. The mono out FX can shape the kick in ways that really take the classic 909 sound and enhance it. Also the enhanced mode lets me pitch it down and make deep kicks that I couldn’t have done the same way with the OG.

So personally I think this is an amazing analogue machine for the price. As a bonus it can also clock my DFAM with analogue sync outs, plus it has trigger outs that you can send to synths which of course is how some classic house tunes were made “Can you feel it”…etc.

2 Likes

I’m so very happy!

I can advance a Korg Monologue sequencer step by step firing the rimshot for wonky old school machinefunk :upside_down_face:

Anyone know which instruments trig output 2 and 3?

2 Likes

Page 9 says this

2 Likes