Behringer RD-9

I’ve always thought that’s why its taking so long, because of the hats being samples in the original … you can recreate but you can just use the exact samples because of copyright etc

Why this one when u can buy a 2nd hand Roland tr8 with 808 and 909 sounds?

1 Like

This one comes with table side guacamole.

6 Likes

i’m actually not sure if you can copyright the sound of a single hit on a basic instrument. Can you f.e. copyright the recording of a single woodblock hit or a rimshot? I think it’s superhard to proof that you own this unique sound… it’s almost like taking credits for playing a single C note on a piano.

mainly because the TR8 is green.
Second, it‘s digital.
Third - it‘s green

7 Likes

So to solve the problem 1 and 3 ungreen it :wink:

Just a little green :rofl:

9 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure about single sounds, but the sound is highly recognisable, if behringer made a lot of money off using Their sound I’m sure they would try claim copyright

Could be. But what then about all those software and hardware devices that use 909 samples? Anyway, it’s nice there is a good modern alternative for the 909.

I think it sounds pretty good. It’s not 100%, but it doesn’t have to be really. I still absolutely love my RD-8. I use 808 sounds more than 909 though, so not sure if I need one of these.

I’d buy that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I know I have other things that can recreate these sounds with samples alone, but I irrationally want a dedicated machine for just my drums. I’m almost certainly going to pick one of these up

3 Likes

Al last, the moment of truth gets closer. My RD 8 has been pining for a friend.

I was thinking the same Bunker lad :+1:

1 Like

How are your brace of TD’s doing? I’m sure they’d like a new play buddy? :grinning:

Only kept the black one mate… been scaling down a bit.

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of the design, but I’ll have a hard time resisting getting an at least semi accurate analog recreation of the TR-909.

1 Like

I quite like the look of the RD-9. Not enough to get one, but I like it.

It reminds me a bit of the Social Entropy “Engine”.

I am glad to see the progress Behringer has made on the RD-9. If I did not have a Roland TR-8S available in the studio, the RD-9, RD-8, and RD-6 combo would be a very tempting option for classic TR sounds.

1 Like

I mean how else are you going to tune your cowbell ? :crazy_face: