Behringer RD-9

I joined the rd9 Facebook group when it was first announced and they are all still there waiting in agony for it to be released something like 2 years later :joy:

Someone criticises Behringer occasionally and hardcore behringer fans get upset telling them to leave Uli the lord and saviour alone.

Iā€™m not remotely interested in the rd9 anymore but itā€™s a hilarious yet depressing group :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It played, but was being choked by the closed hat.

1 Like

True, that group is fun to be in just to read all the depression :grin:

2 Likes

haha i know, if it ever does get released the group wont be any good anymore

2 Likes

I got so impatient I just bought a Tr-8S instead

3 Likes

Which is supposed to be a really good alternativeā€¦ havenā€™t had my hands on it yet

1 Like

you want ā€œreal analogueā€ or a convenient box that sounds really close? I think the Roland TR6s/8/8s boxes sound very nice.

is it finally coming?

5 Likes

shipping in 1-2 month it says in the description

1 Like

hats sound better. drums are close enough. cymbal and claps are trash. they were wise not to solo them in the video.

1 Like

Hmm the clap isnā€™t right here it sounds like the D16 Drumazon itā€™s phasing might be YouTube butā€¦
Iā€™ll still buy it

for fully fledged production i struggle integrating drum machines (except the rytm :heart:) so this one would sit only in a jam setup anyway. and for this purpose its close enough iā€™d say.

i tried it at superbooth 2 years ago and had lots of fun with it, perfect for jamming.
but i wish there was more space between knobs.

If they were smart theyā€™d get Jeff Mills to use one. When did they switch out their whole marketing team? Havenā€™t seen the original 3 people in a while now.

2 Likes

I noticed that too.

1 Like

Dude said ā€œauthenticā€ more times than a self help coach who moonlights at a Mexican restaurant making table side guacamole.

18 Likes

we even talked about that at their booth and they seemed rly receptive about it. but in the end the design was already done i guess ^^ maybe some smaller knob caps would be a solution :thinking:

and ironically, itā€™s all because Behringer wants a seat at the ā€œauthenticā€ tableā€¦

1 Like

It doesnā€™t sound that bad, maybe close enough, Are the hihats samples or synthesised?
the extra pitch on kick probably wasnā€™t needed if they made it so it can be switched off.
my Rytm is certainly not concerned about itā€™s place on the desk anyhow.

1 Like

in the original, the cymbals are all sampled. not sure how B got around lifting the original samples and re-distributing/selling themā€¦ unless they tracked down the original cymbals themselves and created their own samples; hence why they sound kinda offā€¦?

1 Like

i think the hats are sample based, but i am not 100 % sureā€¦ maybe someone else can confirm this?

same, my rytm is not going anywhere.
the last drum maschine u ever need :upside_down_face:

1 Like