Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

ditto. from thomann :+1:t3:

dv247.com TD-3

Thanks people.

I could never understand hardware that needs a software editor to make it shineā€¦

2 Likes

Lots of quite good bass lines were written on 303s without software editors :full_moon_with_face:

Nord modular is/was pretty good.

My pc/Mac do really well too
And my phone.

2 Likes

Holy smokes that price! That is literally the price of the Volca NuBass, but there is lots of peripheral utilities, like the CV/gate outs and ā€˜filter inā€™ (which also goes through the distortion as well). Iā€™m envisioning sending pitch cv to the DPO and running some westcoast waveforms into the TD-3.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised with the sequencer. The randomizer is a nice touch and they compromised by leaving the hardware sequence designer oldschool, but provide a software sequence designer thatā€™s basically a piano roll.

Hello GAS, my old friendā€¦

2 Likes

Not sure why, but this release today pushed me over the edge for an MS-1

1 Like

Just finished watching the loopop review. Sorry Behringer but the sound is way off to my ears. And that old TB sequencer, no thanks.
Purists will disagree, but I think so many synths can get you into 303 acid territory, and if you get it right, it will sound great in a mix no matter what synth you use. And so many of those synths have much more friendly sequencers.

3 Likes

Does Behringer often have manufacturing problems with their first batches?

How do you say the TD-3 sounds way off and other synths get you into TB territory? TD3 is a ā€œcloneā€ of the TB more so than a monologue or BS2. I understand other synths can do things close to a TB but not anymore or any less than a clone of the same synth itā€™s trying to be. Break yo self fooā€‹:wink::crazy_face:

7 Likes

I didnt say TB territory. I said 303 acid Territoryā€¦

Iā€™m one of those purists that only really like the original/genuine type 303 sound, as Acid (Original or Clone, happy with either)

Itā€™s those very specific attributes that define it as Acid and once you start to add to, alter, affect those inherent characteristics it becomes something different in my mind.

I donā€™t even particularly like hearing that sound slathered in fx that alter the character too much.

I like to hear it as pure and simple as possible. Even in a track context. Just a 303 and Drum Machine.

2 Likes

Yeh. That was before Roland got all pantsy over layout rip-off issues :innocent:

2 Likes

I think I will try this one. Iā€™m not a purist but I love the 303 sound, no matter if itā€™s replica or if it has his own character. Itā€™s like an instrument of itā€™s own. Not a synth, a 303.
Also, I think this TD-3 in my AH with Classic Dist could break the wall and bring the police to my door.

1 Like

It appears that the cutoff filter frequency is set to a higher value on the TD-3 in this video.

Yeah and the resonance doesnt sound right to my ears. And the way the filter bites the oscillator. Nerd? Me?

couldnā€™t be :honeybee:!

I think the degree of similarity is fine for $199, keeping in mind that mass production is a balancing act of features to cost to begin with. I sometimes think this is overlooked when comparing the TD-3 to boutiques that are literally hand-built labors of love and 40-year-old antiques that sell for 10-20 times as much.

1 Like

So you can tell the difference if someone used a tb303 or any one of its clones on a track just by the way it sounds? Thatā€™s virtually impossible when none of them sound the same, even any two tbā€™s. I thought purist was meant for the analog over digital argument. Not the differences in transistor and resistor Nuances.

Iā€™m not arguing with you. I just canā€™t understand.

Yeah baby! This is the skin I want on my teebee clone

Bonus points for making it UV

my all-black xoxbox looks like a goth version, all doom and gloomā€¦ it needs psychedelia

1 Like