Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

I think it sounds good on the minimum setting.

F*** I really love the black version

2 Likes

Now Iā€™ve seen it I only want a piss yellow 303. Everything else look like shit to me now.

7 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Anyone else wish they had made a pure white version? With pure white knobs too? I do!

2 Likes

Brown one with a yellow racing stripe?

Cant say I like the built in distortion sound. Shame they kept the old sequencer and didnt put a battery power option on it. Ah well!

4 Likes

I dunno I am not fond of when companies that in the past had nothing to do with a culture try to use it as a marketing deviceā€¦ it almost always rings of bad taste to me. I mean its not a big deal but behringers ā€œmarketingā€ methods has always been a bit gross to me. TD-3 does seem pretty nice overall though and is at a rock bottom price.

3 Likes

I wonder can you hit random & then go into note mode n change up the notes? I donā€™t know the original sequencer well enough. anyone know if ya can go back into note mode while keeping all the slides n accents?

1 Like

Iā€™m disappointed they didnā€™t get microfreak dappy to do the promo on the sadly now non existent tacky gold one :joy:

11 Likes

I guess you own a OG TB-303ā€¦:sweat_smile:
I grew up with the 303 sound and I love it, but I would never pay 3000ā‚¬, not even 500ā‚¬ for one. It a simple machine, as simple as it gets; I can afford it but it is just not worth it. 3000ā‚¬ buys you a nice 6U 104HP modular case full of nice and crazy stuff. But for a 150ā‚¬ is a no brainer

I bought a TB-03 on release, returned it after a week. That thing had no soul. Distortion was a big piece of crap.

The TD-3 may not sound like the original, maybe the TB-03 its closer but to my ears the TD-3 has more character.

I am going to get one, just the sequencer is worth that money. In fact I may get 2, a RD-8 and a RD-9 when released to have my own analog ā€œrebirthā€ set up for under 1000ā‚¬, just for fun; first bit of sofware I bought.

6 Likes

One very dumb thing that they copied over was the 4 pattern groups on the 7 way switch, they could have just put an 8 way switch with 8 banks at least, this limitation has no value with regard to being faithful to the TB-303.

8 Likes

The era they were portraying in the launch video was as fun and ridiculous as this. Thatā€™s what made it so dang fun. Now its just woke brats looking to be cool and standing by to be offended and virtue signal all night. :yawning_face:
I think they nailed and im excited about what they are making now. And to think Behringer is the one bringing back the old school!!! wow Roland missed the boat on this revival.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve managed to avoid buying any Behringer stuff but this is going to be very hard to resist.

Be nice to see more demos without mega resonance and with the envelope turned down. Get some funky rubbery bass going on it!

1 Like

Agreed!
A Light hearted and endearing promo vid, made me smile

1 Like

Mind. Blown. Will absolutely get one! Would love a black one if I can! Still shocked at the price! Personally, Iā€™d happily pay another $50 for a metal case, but whatever. Really hard to complain given I was thinking itā€™d be $250-300 to begin with. At this price plastic is just fine.

Iā€™m not a 303 puristā€¦ at all, heck, I wasnā€™t even that big of a fan of 303ā€™s until a couple years ago. So, with that said, I thought in the Loopop video the TD-3 actually sounded ā€˜betterā€™ in several examples. I still think the Avalon bests all of them for many reasons, but again, not a purist here.

The editor is the shining star IMO and easily reason enough to get one. I canā€™t stand the programing on a traditional 303, probably because I admittedly completely suck at it, but also why I highly regard the sequencer on the Avalon in comparison. The editor is a huge feature.

1 Like

Thinking of doing the same but rather than getting a second TD-3 I might just dip into one of the other clones (maybe a Crave or MS-1) for some old school variety along side my four modernist Elektron machines.

1 Like

I just pre-ordered it, at that price it is a nobrainer and it will fit nicely next to my re 303 and tb 03.
Really looking forward to explore the audio input to filter option.

Just saw the rare TD 303

From where?

Thanks

Someone posted a link to thomann

td3