Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

I’m curious to see if anybody knows a general timeframe of when these will ship across multiple distributors.

I have abl2 and 3 and the phoyscon by D16, I prefer the Pho my self

ABL3 is a wonderful instrument! I use it a lot in my livesets. I still wait for the day when someone says “oh I guess the resonance peak is a little bit to high, that must be a digital emulation, right?”.

5 Likes

club nights will spring up claiming to only use authentic og hardware, clone music nights will have to go underground in unlicensed illegal Venues

It’ll be the new clone wars.

6 Likes

I’m in the US and I find my rep at Sweetwater is good. He’s not typical ‘sales guy’ and just concentrates on being generally helpful whether it’s a $50 sale or $2K and keeps me in the loop on orders. He indicated it would possibly be late January or more likely early February for the TD-3. He was pretty accurate saying when I’d get my RD-8 pre-order, so that’s what I’m more or less expecting. I’m not in a huge rush with it (have a Pro-1 pre-ordered as well), so ‘it is what it is’.

Thanks @sl1200mk2 for the info. I’m getting pretty deep with my newly acquired Roland sh-01a and sold some gear to finance a Subpac S2. I’ll be busy for awhile. Hey maybe I’ll get my TD-3 and my Nanoloop Hardware within the same month.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned…

The TD-3 runs on 9v centre-negative power (the same as standard guitar pedals).

#onelessplug

2 Likes

wait… does this mean i can power it with one of them pedal daisy chain plug adapter dinguses?

300ma (so I don’t see why not). Ideal for house party kitchen setups! The Korg ES-1, TD-3 and a pedal could all power from one plug :thinking:

I thought part of the main reason people still utilized the 303 was the sequencer?

1 Like

No idea. I just remember the pain of using one, compared to the joy of modern sequencers.
There’s a reason I dont own a 303 or any of the clones :wink:

1 Like

I will say that as kid in the 80s I stopped skating when it started being more about doing tricks in parking lots and less as a fun/cool way of getting around.

I didn’t really skate from the time I was 13 until I was 20. That’s when I got myself a bigger deck like when I was young. I started to commute to work on it. They are way more fun for cruising! Sure they don’t have a lot of pop but you can really fly on them for much longer distances.

I guess if I was to try and tie it together to the topic at hand I’d say sometimes there’s fun to be had in “old” design. It’s not better or worse it just is.

Conversely, appreciation of what ever virtues there may to that may not appeal to everyone. That doesn’t mean they are right or wrong, just that it’s not for them.

I cad to check to make sure I wasn’t on the lines forum :wink:

I want to skate them! I picked up a Lucero Emergency Cross reissue when it came out and it’s still as awesome as when I bought it. Indi 149s, Powell bombers, mini logo bearings. Super fast for cruising but also poppy enough for the odd ollie should the opportunity require. Love the size with the double kick.

That said, a mate picked up one of the single kick Tony Hawke reissues. He hated it - no concave and felt like a boat.

Anyway, as to the 303 sequencer I like the fact that pitch and timing are separate - makes for happy accidents. Accidents are rarely happy on a skateboard…

5 Likes

Bass Bot has 64 steps. Step entry and classic TB entry mode.

Pattern unroll, extends the length of a pattern.
Shift pattern left/right.
Insert and delete steps.
Undo.
Copy/paste from patterns into new pattern.
Arp.

Mutate patterns (kind of randomizer).
Generate patterns.

Down/Up/Accent/Slide can be used with sequencer running.
Assign colors to patterns.
Play patterns with midi notes.

4 Likes

You program pitch, gate, accent, slide separately (from my point of view without always knowing where exactly you are) which leads to many, sometimes happy, accidents, some of which have become iconic sequences. Overall it’s not the most user friendly of devices, especially compared to something like the Elektrons. Even Roland realized that the original programming mode is kind of arcane for some, which is why they added an alternative programming mode to their TB-03. You can still get the original experience at the flick of a switch.

3 Likes

Yep, you got Pitch Mode to enter note pitch, Tap Button to tap the rhythm (gate).

Better to watch a video I guess^^

3 Likes

For people which have ABL3 plugin ?..
Can you tell me if you can make slides and glides when sending notes from midi ?
I did not have the same result at all when writing note inside the sequencer or when writing note on an external sequencer …
Maybe you had this issue before ? Can you help me ? + Is it possible on original tb 303 and on the new one to obtain slide/glides effect on received notes ?

Ut’s really problematic in my case :frowning:

Yep, that would take a bit of getting used to!

what do you think about the cyclone tt 303 clone?